Happy Birthday, Talking Point!

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Happy Birthday TP.
We would have been in a much worse place without all the support and knowledge of people on here .

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Happy birthday, TP. Thank you for being here. Have made so many caring friends who have given me comfort, advice and made me laugh out loud during the darkest period of my life. Where would we all be without each other's support and understanding. Your service is invaluable.

Last edited:

Bru

Dec 19, 2013
Epsom surrey
Reasuring

Thanks to this amazing site I am able to see what others are doing to cope when I feel overwhelmed by my 75 year old husbands erratic mood swings and verbal abuse etc. he has physical disabilities and mixed dementia and is dependant on me for all his needs and refuses to go to clubs or activities or have any other help. Luckily I have family close by for support but this site helps me enormously. Thanks so much and Happy Birthday. :)

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Happy Birthday TP!

You have been my salvation since I joined almost 5 years ago, and without the caring support and friendship of many here I would never have got through these years. Looking back to before then when it was just me and my husband at home for so many years, I wonder how I survived before TP. (Husband has been in a care home almost 4 years now) I have learned more about dementia here from members than I ever did from anyone else in the pervious 8 years. It is a lifeline.

The wealth of knowledge, guidance, advice and much more is wonderful. I have been on several forums concerning my own health issues and this is by far the best forum I have known. Thank you for all the work involved' behind the scenes' in making it what it is, and to all the members for their posts, their generosity in sharing their experiences, personal and practical.

Here's to TP in all respects.

Loo

Last edited:

Miss Polly

Feb 12, 2014
Happy Birthday TP. Thanks for being there. Like many other users I could not have coped with looking after Mum this past year without the support of you and the wonderful forum users. Always there with great advice and amazing support. I hope you are around for many more years. <3

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Very happy birthday! Can't believe I've been a member for half the life of the forum!:eek: Here we go - we needed a BIG cake so we could all have a piece!:D

CYN

Jan 4, 2008
east sussex
Hi everyone who remembers me. I will be forever grateful to talking point and all the lovely carers with whom I shared my problems with while caring for my late husband. There was not a night that I did not come on and see how you all were coping. I gained so much information and advice from this site, it beat any other help I got which was very scarce. So a big thank you and keep up the good work.
CYN.

Winnie10

Feb 25, 2013
Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday - Big Thanks to everyone for simply just been there, when I need you.

RobynNZ

Feb 16, 2013
Greetings on this special occasion

TP just keeps giving and I want to say a big THANKS for being there. You're like a reliable friend with wise words to comfort and guide us through a tough journey. Take time to pat yourselves on the back for providing this wonderful forum over the last 12 years. Keep up the great work. :)

gringo

Feb 1, 2012
UK.
I have good reason to be grateful for TP.
Is it only three years since I joined? It feels more like a lifetime.
Congratulations and thank-you to all those who keep this forum going.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Happy-Birthday-bouquet gif.gif

Happy Birthday Wonderful TP.

I`m so pleased to be home in time to send greetings.

cilla89

Jul 9, 2010
Like so many others, I have found "Talking Point" invaluable - for practical information and advice, and for emotional support. The latter more and more so as the dementia my mum experiences progresses. It is a relentless and remorseless illness as so many here know only too well. This is a place like no other, you can turn to this forum when it seems there's nowhere else to turn and you will find help here. I have had a birthday message from Talking Point every year since I joined, 6 years ago now. Appreciated, knowing its known that there will be no message of happy birthday to me from my mum. Thank you for that Talking Point - and birthday greetings to you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!!

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Happy Birthday Talking Point.

Someone was looking down on me the day I found this forum nine years ago. I received support and kindness from the very first day and life improved. Thank you AS for providing the forum, for all the factsheets that we have at our fingertips and a big thanks too to our members who no matter how bogged down they are, will find time for someone else who is struggling.

I am proud to be part of this forum.

Highstreet

Nov 14, 2014
Congratulations!

Let's continue to create awareness on this important issue. In sharing we are also supporting others.

PODGEO

Jan 18, 2012
tHANK YOU AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY

It has been a great experience ;reading all those comments and suggestions.
Invaluable help.
Thanks for making it all possible.

Podgeo

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
happy birthday

just to say a big thank you to t.p im a new member but found talking a great help when i was so low when hubby went into care the response from other people was a great comfort as they were all having [or had had ]the same feelings as me so i didnt feel so alone about everything that was happening so happy birthday and many more to come

Shiela

Mar 26, 2015
happy birthday talking point and thank you for the support I am a new user but already feel supported by using this service:)