Happy Birthday Talking Point!

said

Jul 4, 2006
London
tpbirthday.jpg

Your favourite message board Talking Point is four years old and to celebrate we thought it would be nice to organise an online birthday party on Tuesday 3rd April 2007.

So bring your virtual balloons, cups of tea and group hugs but most of all bring yourself!

We have got a piece in Share, the Alzheimer's Society magazine and the press office are working on a press release as we speak.

rgpic_small.jpgIn addition Russell Grant, the astrologer and supporter of AS has agreed to turn up and post on Talking Point between 3 and 4 pm.

You never know there might be more suprises in store....

Please forward this information it on to anyone you might know who would benefit from Talking Point.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Wow :)

I shall be there .

Roll on 3rd April

Thanks

PS

Oh I am an Aquarian can he do my birth chart, just forewarning my question :) ?

Last edited:

cris

Aug 23, 2006
Chelmsford
I'll bring my scotch, but I have a rule not to "drink" before 8 am:D just kidding just kidding. I'll look for some clean jokes :eek:
cris

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Cris

Like :- what did the kickers say to the washing machine , don’t take the **** out of me lol .

Ok am washing machine mad only because I got my new one yesterday done all mum washing and organized all her clothes for respite that she going today .

Ok am going to ask Said if he/she does not mind me asking , how come lovely Russell is supporting AZ , does he have a member of his family or friend that has Dementia / AZ ?

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Thanks for that link Tash

I was amazed when I said to my 20 year old daughter about the famous people that represent AZ society, “she said oh let me have a look if I know anyone”

And she pick out “ Russell Grant” Fiona Phillips how great :) I think now all we need now Jamie foxx the singer who grandmother died of AZ , so more money will pour in for the Uk AZ society , have a concert in UK and all ticket money sold go to the AZ society to help rise the money to take NICE to high court , ok just a dream :(

Oh dear Cris I put that down to stress (My excuse :) )

Last edited:

cris

Aug 23, 2006
Chelmsford
Hre you are Maggie. Smile at these (they are clean)

This has to be one of the best singles ads ever printed. It is reported to have been listed in the Atlanta Journal.

SINGLE BLACK FEMALE seeks male companionship, ethnicity unimportant. I'm a very good girl who LOVES to play. I love long walks in the woods, riding in your pickup truck, hunting, camping and fishing trips, cozy winter nights lying by the fire. Candlelight dinners will have me eating out of your hand. I'll be at the front door when you get home from work, wearing only what nature gave me. Call (404) 875-6420 and ask for Daisy, I'll be waiting....

Over 15,000 men found themselves talking to the Atlanta Humane Society about an 8-week-old black Labrador retriever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day my housework-challenged husband decided to wash his Sweatshirt.
Seconds after he stepped into the laundry room, he shouted to me, "What
setting do I use on the washing machine?"
"It depends," I replied. "What does it say on your shirt?"
He yelled back, "University of Oklahoma."

And they say blondes are dumb...

cris

Brianj

Norman said:
Tash
what qualifies those famous people as ambassadors?
Norman

Hi Norman
I know this question was not aimed at me but it made me think.

For me a celebrity should have an experience of Alzheimer's in some form especially having a record of caring for someone or having it themselves.

There is one quote from a USA historian Daniel J Boorstin. He said "The celebrity is a person who is known for his well-knownness."

I guess that's the second point that well-knownness carries a wider message and gets listened to better within that celebrity's medium. So it's not the person as such but the 'reach' that person has.

Just some personal reflections

Brianj

x-lauren-x

Mar 6, 2007
:d

Happy Birthday!
what a great idea, will tell my friends who use talking point too!
thanks
lauren xxx

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Party Pooper

Sorry to be a party pooper but I'm off to Northumberland for a few days from today.
Happy Birthday TP and have a great party!
Love Wendy xx

Momx4

Oct 19, 2006
I was so pleased to find the 'party' message in my inbox today! This week's visit to my Mom was not the best as she is now failing to recognise us consistently. So when I got the message, it really lifted my spirits. Looking forward to the party and a warm thank you to all those people who put in so much good work sharing support here. :)

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Sorry but i'm in Northumberland too, but we'll try to get access to a computer cos i wouldn't want to miss a good party............you know me!!!!!!:D :D :D

Love Alex x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SimonC