1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. maria29al

maria29al Registered User

Mar 15, 2006
    Warwickshire
    Today would have been/is my Dads 79th birthday.

Its the first one without him and I feel so sad.

I will visit the Crem and sit a while and talk to him.

Its been 10 months now and the pain is still as strong...

I miss him so much.

M

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Dear Maria,
    Your dad is still in your heart and always will be. It`s not the same I know, but take comfort from your memories.

3. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Dear Maria

You must be feeling such an emptiness today. Of course you miss your dad, and always will.

I hope you manage to find some comfort in talking to him. He will always be with you, you know, even though the emptiness takes over for a while.

Just go with your emotions, and be kind to yourself today. The more you can relax, the more you will feel your dad.

Thinking of you today,

Love,

4. Tender Face

Tender Face Account Closed

Mar 14, 2006
    NW England
    Dear Maria ... just sending a hug ... I always try to think if my dad hadn't been so special he wouldn't be missed so much ..... I know sometimes that helps - and sometimes makes it worse ....

Oh dear - what to say - except I am feeling for you ...

Much love, Karen, x

5. Tina

Tina Registered User

May 19, 2006
    Here's another hug, Maria. It hurts a little more when certain days come round....birthdays, anniversaries, celebrations, holidays, especially when they come round for the first time. Hope you'll find a bit of peace on your visit to the crem. Your dad will always be with you.
    Hugs, Tina