Happy Birthday and Thankyou Talking Point

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi all,
I would just like to say a very happy birthday and thank you Talking Point.
When I was first diagnosed and until I got the medication I thought that outside my family eveything else had fallen apart. After being given the medication and getting my confidence back, I decided to look around to see what there was to do with my time. I had become a casual member at our local A.S Branch which is where I saw the flyer for Talking Point. I like many others thought that at first glance the T.P was for carers etc. But after getting the courage to join I realised that this site had a pull which was hard to resist. There is so much on this web site from the serious to the funny, and at times I have been in tears, and at other times in stitches.
This truly is one of the best sites I have got involved with as the people are so warm and friendly. I have met one or two people from Talking Point in real life, including three moderators who are truly wonderful people, and I could not ask for more.
I think every person who has the illness and can use a computer should join us and they will like me get a warm welcome. If you can not use a computer get someone else to help, its well worth it.
You have nothing to loose and plenty to gain.

Best Wishes

Ken

ann60

Nov 24, 2006
Australia
Hi Ken you've summed talking point up beautifully. Its wonderful to know that any time you need advice or just to have a say to get a load off your chest there is always someone there to listen. It doesn't even matter where in the world you live. Keep up the good work everyone and as Nada said you certainly are an inspiration to everyone Ken. love Ann

Tash

Jan 8, 2007
London, UK
Thanks for your comments and, as Nada says, for your inspiration Ken. I'm very glad that you found the flyers and joined us here.

Obviously TP wouldn't be appropriate for everyone, but it would be great if we could have more people with dementia contributing to the boards. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about how we could make TP easier to use, or how we could promote it to this group?

Best wishes,
Tash

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done to you Ken.
You are a credit to yourself, and I am full of admiration for your perseverance.
I too wish more dementia sufferers could be persuaded to contribute. It would benefit us all.
With love

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi Ken,

thanks, you've no idea how much that means to me personally. When we set up talking point three years ago that was exactly our intention "support for people with dementia and our carers" and this continues to this day.

thank you!
Craig

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbertm