happy 2016

briana

May 23, 2011
south wales
Wishing you all a happy, healthy peaceful 2016,
xmas and new year can be difficult and lonely at times, although I love the season!!! I have this year felt more lonely than ever, hubby is here but sleeps a lot of the time and when he is awake he takes a lot of energy and patience!! little by little friends/family have drifted away, but I still feel the need to say to myself things could be a lot worse hubby is still mobile, and understands quite a lot, I have made a promise to myself that this year I will make the time to go and find a hobby or class etc just to go and meet people, I just find it sooooo difficult to find the time?? hugs and thougts with everyone in similer situations, xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good morning briana. Happy New Year.

Do try to find a group to join, whatever your interests. Do you have regular care service to stay with your husband? There are so many classes available if you will be able to commit to a regular time and it will do you the world of good.

Mulberry50

Feb 5, 2015
Maidenhead, Berks
Likewise, I wish all those on Talking Point the very best that 2016 can bring.
Whilst I do not claim originality, a message on my wife's birthday card on 1 January was "When life gives you a rainy day, dance in the puddles" which seems to me a great philosophy for the forthcoming year.
Briana - I would urge you to use every effort to follow your hobby aspirations but I know that finding the time & opportunity is 'easier said than done' but looking after ourselves as carers helps us look after our loved ones. From someone who is in exactly the same situation but will I 'do as I say' ?

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27