Happiness

Redpoppy

Jul 31, 2012
Glamorgan s.wales
We were invited to spend an hour or two at my daughters for a tea party(just for family) for our great grandaughter's 9th birthday.Her three other younger sisters were there too,and my husband who is usually quiet,and tired since his stroke/dementia suddenly reverted to his old self. The baby and toddler climbed onto his lap and he talked and played with them for most of the time we were there. He has always loved children,and they don't see he has a problem,although his speech is poor. It's such a tonic when these short episodes happen and we are reminded of the person they used to be. That was the perfect EASTER present.I hope all of you have managed to have had some enjoyment over the holiday period.It's often the smallest things that give the most pleasure.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
That was the perfect EASTER present.I hope all of you have managed to have had some enjoyment over the holiday period.It's often the smallest things that give the most pleasure.
How true, Redpoppy.

Young children do make a difference to dementia sufferers, and it is a delight to see.

Lovely that your husband was more his old self, and to have had such a special Easter. Precious moments to be treasured.

Loo x

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Aw it's so good to read posts like this - thanks for sharing, and I'm so glad for you that you all had a good and happy Easter. Here's wishing for many more moments like this x

Maryland

Mar 30, 2015
North East UK
It wAs good to see u had a good day. We have just come back from 10 days in Texas to see my son and his family but was quite wary but as he has four children it was really good and my OH was a different person. It was something to stimulate him. As u say it is young children and they knew no different, he was just their grandad. Just take each day as it comes and enjoy it.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I agree. Thanks so much for posting. For obvious reasons there aren't too many posts like this on TP but when they do come along they're great to read.

Acco

Oct 3, 2011
That's wonderful - pleased to hear that you have enjoyed one of those occasions that reignite the spark we know is still there somewhere in our loved ones. I hope you both experience many more.

Yasmine

Apr 9, 2015
We were invited to spend an hour or two at my daughters for a tea party(just for family) for our great grandaughter's 9th birthday.Her three other younger sisters were there too,and my husband who is usually quiet,and tired since his stroke/dementia suddenly reverted to his old self. The baby and toddler climbed onto his lap and he talked and played with them for most of the time we were there. He has always loved children,and they don't see he has a problem,although his speech is poor. It's such a tonic when these short episodes happen and we are reminded of the person they used to be. That was the perfect EASTER present.I hope all of you have managed to have had some enjoyment over the holiday period.It's often the smallest things that give the most pleasure.

Thanks for making me smile! :) You're right, its usually the smallest things that make us happy. I try to live that way everyday.