1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Redpoppy

Redpoppy Registered User

Jul 31, 2012
    Glamorgan s.wales
    We were invited to spend an hour or two at my daughters for a tea party(just for family) for our great grandaughter's 9th birthday.Her three other younger sisters were there too,and my husband who is usually quiet,and tired since his stroke/dementia suddenly reverted to his old self. The baby and toddler climbed onto his lap and he talked and played with them for most of the time we were there. He has always loved children,and they don't see he has a problem,although his speech is poor. It's such a tonic when these short episodes happen and we are reminded of the person they used to be. That was the perfect EASTER present.I hope all of you have managed to have had some enjoyment over the holiday period.It's often the smallest things that give the most pleasure.

2. RosiePop

RosiePop Registered User

Mar 21, 2015
    Your post made me happy. That is so lovely to hear. X

3. Loopiloo

Loopiloo Registered User

May 10, 2010
    Female
    Scotland
    How true, Redpoppy.

Young children do make a difference to dementia sufferers, and it is a delight to see.

Lovely that your husband was more his old self, and to have had such a special Easter. Precious moments to be treasured.

Loo x

4. janey106

janey106 Registered User

Dec 10, 2013
    That brought a smile to my face. Thank you.

Janey

PS. I love your Name!

5. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    How wonderful , for all the family. :)

6. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    How marvellous!!

7. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    Aw it's so good to read posts like this - thanks for sharing, and I'm so glad for you that you all had a good and happy Easter. Here's wishing for many more moments like this x

8. Maryland

Maryland Registered User

Mar 30, 2015
    North East UK
    It wAs good to see u had a good day. We have just come back from 10 days in Texas to see my son and his family but was quite wary but as he has four children it was really good and my OH was a different person. It was something to stimulate him. As u say it is young children and they knew no different, he was just their grandad. Just take each day as it comes and enjoy it.

9. Chuggalug

Chuggalug Registered User

Mar 24, 2014
    Norfolk
    Now you've got me singing that Ken Dodd song, Redpoppy! :D

Beautiful happenings all round, I'd say :)

10. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I am so glad for you, Redpoppy. Posts like these lift my heart. Thank you.

11. stanleypj

stanleypj Registered User

Dec 8, 2011
    North West
    I agree. Thanks so much for posting. For obvious reasons there aren't too many posts like this on TP but when they do come along they're great to read.

12. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    I love to read happy comments.

13. Acco

Acco Registered User

Oct 3, 2011
    That's wonderful - pleased to hear that you have enjoyed one of those occasions that reignite the spark we know is still there somewhere in our loved ones. I hope you both experience many more.

14. truth24

truth24 Registered User

Oct 13, 2013
    North Somerset
    Really great to read your post, Redpoppy. It's amazing when moments like this happen.

15. Yasmine

Yasmine Registered User

Apr 9, 2015
    Thanks for making me smile! :) You're right, its usually the smallest things that make us happy. I try to live that way everyday.