1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. marmarlade

marmarlade Registered User

Jan 26, 2015
    well i visited hubby on Saturday with the family it got off to a bit of a rocky start can i come home , but as there were three of us we could change the subject quickly,after a while things went well,he even stayed with us all of the visit i even managed to cut his finger nails that was a goal, Visited again on Monday was expecting the worse as when just me and the daughter go it all seems to go down hill ,but no again after the first can i come home we had another good visit.As we have dogs he always keeps on about seeing them [they can go in ]but he,s not ready for that yet so have bought him a large soft toy dog so when we go we will see what happens it will probably be he loves it or hates it as its not his dog will keep you posted

2. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    That's such good news marmalade. Long may it continue!

3. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    That sounds much more positive marmalade.

Mum has a big white rabbit toy that she loves, cuddles and talks to, so heres hoping

4. truth24

truth24 Registered User

Oct 13, 2013
    North Somerset
    So pleased for you, Marmalade. It does make such a difference to have a good visit.

Sent from my GT-N5110

5. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    Aw, so happy for you, and I hope he likes his cuddly dog. I'm sure when the time is right he'll love to see the real things! Good luck for your next visit.

6. Jinx

Jinx Registered User

Mar 13, 2014
    Pontypool
    Glad things have been better on your last visits, hope the improvement continues and he takes to the substitute dog.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point