1. Ethelred88

Ethelred88 New member

Nov 15, 2018
    Sorry for the obscure subject but I don't know what to call what I'm looking for, which is why I'm posting.

Sadly my Mum is in the last few months of her life and has lost the use of her hands. They are now permanently clenched and get very sweaty, smelly and despite cutting her nails regularly, they are digging into her palm.

Can anyone advise whether there anything I can buy or use to help this situation and make her more comfortable please.

Thanks.

2. TNJJ

TNJJ Registered User

May 7, 2019
    Female
    cornwall
    Hi.Sometimes a soft rolled up cloth between the hands will do or a soft sock after washing her hands.

3. Jessbow

Jessbow Registered User

My sister suffered a stroke, she had chunks of what looked like pipe insulation to hold, they were covered with some stretchy stockinette
    Cheap & easy to make id have thought, might be worth a try

4. RosettaT

RosettaT Registered User

Sep 9, 2018
    Female
    Mid Lincs
    You can buy sheepskin palm protectors because OH physio was going to get him some but decided to go for a splint as his little and ring finger has just tarting to curl and wants to prevent it getting worse.