Hallucinations?

Jaffy

Oct 24, 2013
Ohio USA
Just what are they? I had a new med. and 3 times things flitted slowly thru my mind - pictures/actions. Then the next morning, as I was praying, I saw hubby and I young holding hands and running thru the greenest grass and just laughing! (never, ever happened) I apologized to God and asked "What was that?" (no answer) Then a bit later in the front room I saw a beautiful black cat on the arm of hubby's black recliner! I almost petted it when it dawned on me it was just the arm of the chair! (which is not new) I have never experienced anything like that. I only took the one pill and no more because the tremors were very bad with the Parkinson's and I was afraid to walk.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi Jaffy
Hallucinations are really common with Parkinsons and/or its treatment. This is because Parkinsons is due to a chemical imbalance in the brain and if this balance is wrong it can give you hallucinations. You have not done anything wrong. You need to go back to whoever prescribed the pills and explain to them, just like you have here. I would guess that your pills need altering.

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi Jaffy
Unfortunately hallucinations and bad vivid nightmares can be a common part of our illness, I know that i frequently have this problem, but as suggested talk to your doctor about it in the same very good way that you did here
best wishes
Barry

shelagh

Sep 28, 2009
Staffordshire
My hallucinations

Hallucinations are part of the illness. When I am overtired steps become ramps, rugs become holes, patterned rugs are full of animals. Sometimes when I am away teaching or learning on a course I chuckle to myself at the things I can see and wonder what my students would think if they could see what I 'can' see. Rest more is my only solution. It is a hard balance between living as fully as I can and not doing so much that I become stark raving bonkers.
Accept it and try to smile
Shelagh

Just what are they? I had a new med. and 3 times things flitted slowly thru my mind - pictures/actions. Then the next morning, as I was praying, I saw hubby and I young holding hands and running thru the greenest grass and just laughing! (never, ever happened) I apologized to God and asked "What was that?" (no answer) Then a bit later in the front room I saw a beautiful black cat on the arm of hubby's black recliner! I almost petted it when it dawned on me it was just the arm of the chair! (which is not new) I have never experienced anything like that. I only took the one pill and no more because the tremors were very bad with the Parkinson's and I was afraid to walk.

Jaffy

Oct 24, 2013
Ohio USA
Hi Jaffy
Unfortunately hallucinations and bad vivid nightmares can be a common part of our illness, I know that i frequently have this problem, but as suggested talk to your doctor about it in the same very good way that you did here
best wishes
Barry

Thank you, Barry, I just remembered I posted this! I was mistaken in thinking the hallucinations and bad vivid dreams (mine aren't to the nightmare stage) was meds but with my sensitivity to meds I'm not on any just an occassinal nerve pill. So it is the PD= bummer!! Must tell my dau to remind me to tell my doc on 23rd when I go. Thank you.