Hallucinations

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
Going along with it is sure the best way.. My OH does know I ca t see them but it doesn't make it easier for him.. The o ly time I insist it's not true is when he thi ks I'm leaving with a 'visitor'.. I reasure him I m not.. Give him a cuddle and tell him I m not going anywhere.. Which settles him... Then I go into the kitchen and have a cry.. And carry on... Married 57 years....
My oh always says I am leaving even if I just got back from shopping for past few days he says I have someone else with me all the time he can see her but don’t no her name .but there’s no one I always go out alone he thinks he as been out when he as not and our home is not our home but the other ladie is there all the time

Ann Teak

Mar 3, 2019
Going along with it is sure the best way.. My OH does know I ca t see them but it doesn't make it easier for him.. The o ly time I insist it's not true is when he thi ks I'm leaving with a 'visitor'.. I reasure him I m not.. Give him a cuddle and tell him I m not going anywhere.. Which settles him... Then I go into the kitchen and have a cry.. And carry on... Married 57 years....
We have been marrried 58 years thank you for replying. it helps to know I am not alone.

Ann Teak

Mar 3, 2019
I would like to thank everyone for trying to help me. After 58 years of marriage it is hard to not basically not tell the truth to my husband and say something is there when it is not. Trouble is I sometimes see my husband looking 'normal' and I wonder if I am confusing him even more.
But thank you friends for being here.

Lemondrizzle

Aug 26, 2018
The reason for my interest is I have slivered sideways for work during covid. My colleges seem to think the best way to deal with hallucinations is to deny their existence VERY VERY LOUDLY! I am not quite convinced ! So am on a mission to learn all I can about the subject. I consider the contributors to this site total experts and seek any tips at all!

I hope your colleagues are never unfortunate enough to witness the abject distress of someone who truly believes the hallucinations are real and is being told they are not. One of our usually invisible relatives left my MIL terrified by telling her there was no-one else in the house. My MIL then spent the night sitting on a chair in the kitchen because she was too scared to go to bed.

Lirene

Sep 15, 2019
I hope your colleagues are never unfortunate enough to witness the abject distress of someone who truly believes the hallucinations are real and is being told they are not. One of our usually invisible relatives left my MIL terrified by telling her there was no-one else in the house. My MIL then spent the night sitting on a chair in the kitchen because she was too scared to go to bed.

Lirene

Sep 15, 2019
I have served drinks many times to Violet, Lavender and Valentine, where he gets the names from I really have no idea, but they sure do enjoy the wine ?

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
The Banjoman once told me that he had seen a young girl sitting on the clothes rail in his bedroom “But I know she isn’t real” he said.
Other times when I was Visiting he told me “Everybody is here”. I have no idea who they were.