Halcyon Days?

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
I feel guilty posting, knowing the turmoil and torture others are going through ....... then feel it is not right to not share some good news .....

It is almost two years since I first came to this site - desperate for knowledge and for diagnosis for mum .... hard to believe that two years on I can see the short-term future with some optimism ........ mum so happy about day-care arrangements she grumbled when the Christmas and New Year break interrupted her social plans ......
a network of support from professionals and volunteers ... when offered a place at the new MATS team support group she even commented with a huge grin "I haven't got enough days in the week for all this!"

Mum is as happy and animated as I can remember for a long time - the trials of Christmas cards arriving when she became anxious she didn't know who they were from have been replaced by ' Oh no - don't take them down - they look so pretty!' This from a mother who used to chastise me if I left a scrap of glitter in the house after 5th January!!!!!! So what if they are still there at Easter and they make her happy?

By which point she may still be sorting her 'Allsorts' ........

Goddammit, I love her so much .....................

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done Karen for riding the storms and coming out at the other end. [Although I doubt very much you are unscathed].

I hope 2008 sees much calmer waters for you and your mother.

Love xx

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Karen

I think on this site we need all the good news that we can get, partly because it gives hope that the darker days may not always be quite so dark.

It is particularly good to hear it from a long term member of the forum. So often the time factor is what grinds us down as much as anything.

A time to re-charge the batteries, emotional and physical. :)

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Hi Karen,

I'm so pleased that your mum is going through a good spell - I know my own mum has enjoyed the lovely lights and decorations at Christmas.

I hope this good spell continues for you - it's good to know there can be a repreive from the more challenging times.

Love

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Karen

Thank you for your post. I know what a rough time you've been having recently, and it's good that you're finding some halcyon days.

Amazing that your mum is enjoying her hectic social life, and good for her -- and for you!:)

I hope this period of tranquillity lasts for you, and you can get back to enjoying your family for a while.

Love,

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Kaz

Thanks for sharing your good news, it gives the rest of us hope again that brighter days may be just around the corner.

You enjoy this time to the full, concentrate on the family and yourself for a change, you give so much to mum, and to the rest of us, I'm amazed you have anything left chuck.

Love

Cate xxxxxx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Thank you Karen for sharing.

All the better for being an uplifting post. May 2008 continue in this way for you and your dear mum.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Tender Face said:
So what if they are still there at Easter and they make her happy?

Hi Karen, I couldn't agree more anything that can bring peace and happiness it's worth having.

It is great that your mum enjoys socializing.

2008 is off to a good start for you both, may it continue.

Take Care Taffy.

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Karen

Really, really pleased that your mum is having a better time of it and (ergo) so are you!

You deserve some support having battled on your own. Enjoy the time you have and, if you can, relax a little.

Don't feel guilty about posting good news, either! I think we all need some positives out of this illness, they are so few and far between.

All the best for 2008!
xx

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Karen,

:):):):):)

Please post good news when you have it! It is lovely to hear about the triumphs and the gains that are made. Whilst I was really ill with depression I found I couldn't come on TP because it was so often so grief stricken and vburdened with worries and woes. Please don't think I saw this as a problem for anyone but me! It was only a problem for me because of my illness - now I'm on the upswing I'm so glad to be back!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we need to share ALL our experiences - good, bad and indifferent - for our own sakes and to help others.

Long may your "halcyon days" reign!!

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Karen

'Thanks be' for the good news, and hope this happier period continues for a good long time!

Attachments

• Heffalump.gif
    Heffalump.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 197

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Hi Karen

It is good to share good news as well as the bad, and I'm really glad to hear that your mum is happy in her new social life - long may it continue.

Libs:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiabarbour