Hairdressers

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
So is mine, halfway down my back with no chance of a hairdresser for at least two weeks, probably more!! My hair grows quickly but the ends could do with a trim as they are a bit dry.
Note : I have not mentioned colour, at this stage a little trim done by a first year hairdresser student would be bliss!!

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Well I went on a socially distance hike today and arrived home looking like a scarecrow. I had a shower and washed my hair then went shopping and now I look like a scarecrow again.

My legs are paying the price and I have a blister as well as mad hair now.

Louise7

Mar 25, 2016
PS: I bet @ Louise7 has lovely long locks.
Nope, the longest my hair has ever been was shoulder length, and that was when I was about 10. Currently almost reaching the bottom of my neck. Only another 13 hours to go until I'm in the salon chair.........

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Nope, the longest my hair has ever been was shoulder length, and that was when I was about 10. Currently almost reaching the bottom of my neck. Only another 13 hours to go until I'm in the salon chair.........
You should take a before and after picture.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Well I went on a socially distance hike today and arrived home looking like a scarecrow. I had a shower and washed my hair then went shopping and now I look like a scarecrow again.

My legs are paying the price and I have a blister as well as mad hair now.
But then look at all the other health benefits of that hike!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
So is mine, halfway down my back with no chance of a hairdresser for at least two weeks, probably more!! My hair grows quickly but the ends could do with a trim as they are a bit dry.
Note : I have not mentioned colour, at this stage a little trim done by a first year hairdresser student would be bliss!!
Dear @Starting on a journey,

I enjoy having a little joke! Like @Louise7 you could take a before and after photo.

MaNaAk

Louise7

Mar 25, 2016
Good luck tomorrow, please tell us how you get on :)
Just back from the salon and it's a relief to have a good cut & colour after so long :) Lots of changes in place - customers are only allowed in at the time of their appointment, to reduce numbers in the salon. Customers and staff have to be masked at all times, and before there were 6 hairdressers but this has been reduced to just 2, with customers seated well away from each other. The gowns have been replaced with plastic aprons and the towels are now some sort of absorbent soft paper, and scissors, combs etc are sanitised after every use. Only one customer a time at the sinks, which are wiped down after use, and no coffee & biscuits served - customers to bring their own drinks and magazines in if required. The front & back doors were also kept open to allow a throughput of fresh air. It seems that they have done everything they can in terms of infection control and the only downside was that when blow drying my hair it got into the mask, which wasn't too pleasant, although I can't see how this could be avoided.

The salon was a big contrast to the two barber shops I passed on the way. Queues of mainly young men, outside and also sitting inside the shop, with no social distancing in place. The barbers were wearing face masks but the customers weren't! No doubt some of the customers were getting a haircut before heading to the pub for an afternoon of more social distancing :rolleyes:

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Just back from the salon and it's a relief to have a good cut & colour after so long :) Lots of changes in place - customers are only allowed in at the time of their appointment, to reduce numbers in the salon. Customers and staff have to be masked at all times, and before there were 6 hairdressers but this has been reduced to just 2, with customers seated well away from each other. The gowns have been replaced with plastic aprons and the towels are now some sort of absorbent soft paper, and scissors, combs etc are sanitised after every use. Only one customer a time at the sinks, which are wiped down after use, and no coffee & biscuits served - customers to bring their own drinks and magazines in if required. The front & back doors were also kept open to allow a throughput of fresh air. It seems that they have done everything they can in terms of infection control and the only downside was that when blow drying my hair it got into the mask, which wasn't too pleasant, although I can't see how this could be avoided.

The salon was a big contrast to the two barber shops I passed on the way. Queues of mainly young men, outside and also sitting inside the shop, with no social distancing in place. The barbers were wearing face masks but the customers weren't! No doubt some of the customers were getting a haircut before heading to the pub for an afternoon of more social distancing :rolleyes:
Did you take before and after photos? Does your hair feel light?

MaNaAk

Louise7

Mar 25, 2016
I bet you look and feel fab @Louise7.
Thanks - it looks good but I'm feeling tired due to the early start to get to the salon for 8am (it's 30 miles away)

Did you take before and after photos? Does your hair feel light?
Definitely no before & after photos! It does feel a lot lighter - if only the rest of the lockdown weight could be got rid of so easily :(

Jealous of Leicester here!
Glad you like it. Our turn will come
I hope the Leicester lockdown doesn't last too long and you'll get your haircut soon.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
You must have been up at the crack of dawn. I'm not surprised you're tired. The with lockdown is when you spend more time at home you are nearer the biscuit tin.

Don't worry

MaNaAk

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
I have always done the OH’s hair, he has a No1 and it’s easy. In my 20’s I used to do my own with a No7! I am not so brave now, and it’s tied back with loads of Kirby grips. I have even dyed it twice since lockdown. As much as I hate it, I’m going to wait for a few months before going back to the hairdresser.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemB