Hairdressers

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

You will all notice your lovely long locks by now indeed my fringe is now past my eyes. However I have an idea about roots if you were to tie your hair back in a ponytail or plait you would have a good two tone effect with the ponytail being a different colour. Also don't worry about highlights as they would give a rainbow effect.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

Are you all sporting long locks? I no longer have a fringe and my pupils are pleased with their long hair. It's also good to see people with their natural hair colour.

Don't worry about any grey roots it's all natural.

MaNaAk

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I don’t have grey hair but I do have a streak of white in my fringe - I quite like it (l’m blonde so it just looks extra blonde)

I trim my own fringe and won’t let any hairdresser near it as they always cut it too short.

My female friends all have longer hair now and the one that’s going grey has bought a home colour - it looks great. The men have found a way to get a hair cut with a clipper - apparently blunt ones hurt when they pull out the hair instead of cutting it 😬

My eldest daughter can’t wait for hairdresser to reopen. I’ve offered to trim it for her but she won’t let me - wise girl!

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
I assumed that mums visiting hairdresser wouldn't be able to visit and to be honest I thought it would be too much of a risk anyway,even though mum has visiting carers.
I afraid to say I took the drastic action of cutting mum's hair myself and have realised that it's not as easy as they make it look,it has now settled down though and looks better.
Fortunately mum has a short cut anyway,the main bits that I cut were around the ears were it gets bushy,the fringe and length on the neck,I tried the sides and realised that was the difficult bit and beyond my skill set as it looked a mess after I touched it but it looks fine now.
It was handy that I had proper scissors as my son trims his own hair,he didn't want to cut his Grannies though,the lady charges £15 and has leaves the home after 10 minutes so it's nice to have saved some money that can stay in the jar for a few treats
There is that old saying that there is only a week between a good and a bad haircut.
So snip away.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Well, we have been very lucky as here hairdressers have able to open provided they adhered to social distancing regulations. I have no idea how that one works but I have had my hair cut by my regular snippie twice since lockdown without any problems and for that I am more than grateful. OH on the other hand looks quite scruffy but he doesn't mind.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I took the clippers to OHs hair and I think that by the time the hairdressers will be open he will be ready for a cut.
I always had long hair tried back with a clip, but now my hair is so long that the clip cant cope and my hair keeps falling down.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I have also been concerned about my stomach going outwards but the bathroom scales seem to prove that I am the same as before. Although before Alzheimers dad would joke about repairing them. I remember feeling very pleased when the home used to weigh him and he was putting on weight because it plummeted before he went in.

MaNaAk

Canadian Joanne

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I've cut my own fringe twice and I've had to cut my own toenails too, for the first time in over a decade! I've been going for pedicures every 6 weeks or so for years and I really miss that the most. I've always dyed my own hair so that hasn't been a problem.

But as soon as I can go to my hairdresser, I'm going to go quite short.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i have long hair quite aways down my back and dont colour etc so i tend to go twice a year just for the ends to be cut and tidy not liking going very much. i went november as my son got married in december and the ends are all there again. use clippers for husband as he likes it short and its easy to wash done it for a while. is it different for men not wanting to be pampered

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
My family have commented that my hair is more it's normal length and I've had it too short the last few years.

My natural colour is dark blonde so it doesn't look too bad without highlights, and the sun is helping quite a bit to put in natural highlights (I normally skip highlights at the end of summer).

Son had his longer on top (as naturally curly) and his fringe now comes down to the tip of his nose and it's annoying him but not quite long enough to tie back - I've offered to cut it but he's refused, with the natural curl, not as hard to make it look OK I'm guessing. I desperately need to get clippers for OH, his is fluffy/frizzy due to natural curl, which has changed with age. And dau had a short cheap student cut which she didn't like so it is growing out nicely - she bleaches it and colours it herself anyway.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
My highlights just take my hair back to the colour it was until I was 30 when it started to darken hence no need to highlight in summer as sun lifts it. So recent sun has helped.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
No!!!!
I want to be blonde again (was natural but age and children darkened it) I want pink bits too cos I like pink!!
To be honest I want to have a bit of fun and at least my hair will look like it’s having fun

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I saw my hairdresser across the road last week (I was meant to have my hair cut the first week of lockdown) She said she liked my hair a bit longer and thought it suited me better!

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
No!!!!
I want to be blonde again (was natural but age and children darkened it) I want pink bits too cos I like pink!!
To be honest I want to have a bit of fun and at least my hair will look like it’s having fun
Haha I like that @Starting on a journey my hair is blonde (ice blonde in fact) and it looks okay because the roots are white and don't show anymore. I have thought about pink bits because nobody is going to see it and I am threatening to give myself a trim next week or my husband can if I am feeling brave. Gotta do something and it might even be fun.