Hairdressers

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I'm not into designer clothes, shoes or handbags - I buy most things second hand. I don't do manicures or any other 'beauty' treatments but I do like my hair to look nice (it is difficult hair...) so it's one thing I'm prepared to splurge on if necessary. And a good hairdo lasts much longer than a poor one. I'm not interested in inane chat but if you are paying a professional for their expertise, I expect them to have a few suggestions for styling/colouring not just say 'how much do you want off today?' In my old place I could just say, 'I want it to look fabulous' and confidently leave it entirely to them. No chance I would have allowed Mrs Mop (who cut it last week) a free hand!

I'm 61 so only semi-ancient :)
I've got some grey coming through but not loads - I don't intend to go natural for a few years yet. My hair had grown way past my shoulders and I don't think very long hair is a great look when you're older, unless you wear it up all the time (I never do) or you're exceptionally beautiful. (Ha!) It can start to look a bit witchy and I think dark coloured dye looks witchy and unnatural on older women too.

Right - I am off to look in a few hairdressers' windows...
im only 54 so by your reckoning i will need to have my hair cut in about 7 yrs other wise im going to look like a witch. i understand your point of view and respect your decision of your own hair @Jaded'n'faded sorry im not being unkind or critical but i think i like long hair and until i cant manage it, i will keep it. i can do all sorts with it but i want a trim to get rid of split ends. my hair is my best feature

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
im only 54 so by your reckoning i will need to have my hair cut in about 7 yrs other wise im going to look like a witch. i understand your point of view and respect your decision of your own hair @Jaded'n'faded sorry im not being unkind or critical but i think i like long hair and until i cant manage it, i will keep it. i can do all sorts with it but i want a trim to get rid of split ends. my hair is my best feature
You are absolutely right @jennifer1967 and I apologise. I should have said too long hair or too dark hair looks witchy on me...

I do think it's harder to carry off long hair when you're older but I could never go short. I wish I could actually - I'd love to have a very short pixie cut but haven't got the right face shape :(

I m pleased to say I did find a salon today that meets with my approval! Appointment isn't for 2 weeks though.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dear @Jaded'n'faded ,

At 57 I have to say 61 is not ancient. My friends and I have been enjoying fish and chips ( @jennifer1967, @Duggies-girl, @lemonbalm and @nitram) followed by loads of cake and biscuits. They've gone home now and I am clearing up and listening to Disco Freakout which is currently playing Get Down On It by Kool And The Gang.

MaNaAk
sounds fun. weve just had fish and chips but the music was a let down as it was formula 1. you are making me feel jealous with your cakes and biscuits. im trying very hard to behave