Hairdressers

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
I was so fed up with my straggly long hair that a couple of weeks ago I cut it myself! It's a kind of a shoulder-length bob now and, if I say it myself, doesn't look too bad. I think I might save my money from now on.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I have very dark auburn hair with a lot of greys. It will be very long at the end of lockdown.

MaNaAk

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
My husband had his 'Christmas cut' yesterday in the garden. He's becoming a very exacting customer unfortunately. However he did work out how much he had saved from not going to the barbers thia year compared to last year and donated the money to a charity which makes wigs for children undergoing chemotherapy.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone,

Hope you all had a good Xmas.

Lockdown hair - long - good!

Lockdown stomach - big - argh!

MaNaAk

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Hello @MaNaAk . I hope Christmas with your friend went well. I'm rather regretting my habit of eating mince pies with cheese and glad I didn't make a Christmas cake (which I also like with cheese) but I think we're all a bit rounder at this time of year and a winter layer is good protection for our bones in case we slip on the ice. I could probably easily shed some pounds if I gave up red wine and cheese but life is short and I'm just not prepared to go to those lengths.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I had a good rest and amongst the Xmas presents I got the usual chocolates from the pupils and I enjoyed my usual combination of chocolates, nuts and crisps. Christmas lunch was also a joy and I thought of mum and dad as I coated the turkey in turmeric before roasting.

MaNaAk

PS: I have put roses in a couple of vases to remember mum and dad.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I also had a lovely phone call from the eldest of my two brothers on Xmas day. He is bringing a present when he is able to visit.

MaNaAk

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Turmeric sound a good twist on the turkey @MaNaAk . I'm a veggie but might try that for my carnivore husband's next roast chicken. I can enjoy the flavours in the gravy. I'm a big fan of interesting gravies.

Good to hear that you had a lovely call from eldest sibling.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou @lemonbalm. I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed yourself as well. I remember when my youngest brother and his partner decided to go vegetarian and dad (Alzheimers was moderate then) announced that he was going to turn them back into carnivores!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my DIL was a vegetarian as well but when she was pregnant, she thought that she should eat chicken for the protein. the first time we met her, we bought nuts and actually salmon as she ate fish, salad, etc and made it look nice. she ate about not even half and couldnt eat anymore. she is a very small eater but she cooks the vegetables with honey. shes canadian and likes to cook

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
When I was at college I was vegetarian for a year and at this point dad was working in Malaysia. When he came back for a visit he did his best to get me back to meat.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Watching BBC Breakfast today it is lovely to see Naga's hair growing. She would wonderful with longer hair.

MaNaAk