Hairdressers

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
havent we all while not being able to do things. hes had to have bigger trousers and shorts as he really doesnt do too much but cooks for an army so its his fault if ive gain couple of pounds as its his kitchen and he cooks. i check hes turned everything off. custard creams are the worse.they are only small and look innocent. thats what i tell myself. my husband is going to trim my hair when we get round to it. its right down my backand wavy but i dont like hairdressers with all the big mirrors.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Well I had my trim today and as I was unable to have coffee at the hairdressers I bought an ice-lolly from the coop and a drink and enjoyed these in my local park. I can now see without having to shove my fringe out of my eyes.

MaNaAk

PS: The hairdresser and I had a giggle about some of the lovely hairstyles we saw during lockdown and people are no longer afraid to show their roots.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Well I had my trim today and as I was unable to have coffee at the hairdressers I bought an ice-lolly from the coop and a drink and enjoyed these in my local park. I can now see without having to shove my fringe out of my eyes.

MaNaAk

PS: The hairdresser and I had a giggle about some of the lovely hairstyles we saw during lockdown and people are no longer afraid to show their roots.
it was quite funny but it was my sons who were complaining about lack of hairdressers. one has it done in the turkish hairdressers and has his full beard trim where they other one was complaining because the mask made his long beard stick up.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Today it all got too much and I took matters into my own hands. Well actually I took the kitchen scissors into my own hands and... chopped off a good 3".

So now I am back to shoulder length. Washed it and now that the light brown colour that is actually dark brown has faded a little, I'm rather pleased with my new hairdo! Reducing the length has restored a bit of bounce and it's far easier to reach to the ends when I straighten it.

Who needs hairdressers?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband did mine for me, there was a good 4-5 in off as it was all down my back and a lot of it was dead, still passed shoulders but like yours mine has gone curlier and frizzing. i can see through the fringe as well. you are very brave doing it yourself at least i could blame him if it went long and combing it through is not like climbing everest anymore. i hate hairdressers too many mirrors

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
My OH cut my hair for me yesterday, it was shoulder length and layered, I cut the front to give him a guide and he did the rest, I now have a jaw length bob which I am really pleased with.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Has anyone read that the visors some hairdressers and others wear are not protective against coronavirus droplets? A mask is the only possible protection, cotton ones are less useful than disposable surgical masks.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I read in the Times yesterday that there are less people making appointments to have their hair coloured. It seems they were concerned about maintaining the colour during another lockdown. This is good as you get to see people looking more natural!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
or they doing it at home never seen the point of disguising the grey fancy a nice bright pink though or the grey with the black that caroline quentin has for strictly like a cruella de ville

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I haven't had my highlights redone this year, missed appt in Feb and then when reopened the sun had worked it's magic and my natural highlights were in. Very little grey so far but I have every intention of covering it up when it does arrive.

Thinking I will need to get highlights done in next couple of weeks - it just takes my hair back to the colour it was in my 20s.

I suspect a lot of people worked out how to do home colouring during lockdown and saving money by continuing.

My daughter colours her hair herself (I did it for her when she was 16). She has dark brown hair so needs double bleaching to take the colour, pink, purple and blue are the colours she rotates through.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
I tend to get my hair cut on the spur of the moment so I don’t have a regular hairdresser. It was last cut very short a year ago and is now down to my shoulders and very straggly but I can’t gather up any enthusiasm to actually book an appointment to get it cut, mostly because I can’t be bothered with all the Covid precautions everybody has to go through. My fringe is wobbly where I trimmed it myself but as very few people see me nowadays I’m not sure that it matters!

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Well, I've had my hair cut and coloured today as it's half price on Mondays, and it was packed so I can't quite confirm that. I hate my grey hair.