• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

Hairdressers

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Ha! Ha! It does with me as well and I have the sinus trouble. The first time I wore my mask I ended up with a headache and I felt that people were staring. Also I like long hair but I didn't wear it in a ponytail or plait I would look like Morticia!

MaNaAk

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
The shaped ones work better than the pleated ones @Jaded'n'faded . I’ve perfected my mask design so it’s comfortable to wear with glasses. It’s been pretty successful as my daughter has now sold me 33 of them...perhaps I should set up a company - I could call it Anne Made Masks 😁

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

Just letting you know that next week I have my first haircut in nine months. I shall have a cut and blow dry and the cut will be a trim. My hair is almost down to my waist!

MaNaAk

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I now look less like Shaggy from Scooby Doo, more like Cousin It from the Addams family.

I dyed it at the weekend - big mistake. The box said 'natural light brown' and the picture looked close to my present colour, which is what I wanted but it's come out dark brown - much too dark for me. Have bought some more - 2 different shades so now have to choose which one I'll take a chance on next. Does anyone know how long I ought to wait before getting rid of the dark brown? It should only be a few shades lighter, not a massive change.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
In the 1980s when all was well and good my brother decided to dye his hair and he wasn't bothered when we said it was getting too bright. He ended with hair the same colour as Annie Lennox!

Don't be so hard on yourself @jadedandfaded.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
dont they say do a patch test first. my hair is also mostly waist level. had it done in november for my sons wedding so trimming the ends bit of a priority. my husband usually straightens the lenlength and ends . i dont like going to the hairdressers with wopping great mirrors. ive never dyed my hair but thge purples, pinks and greys they have now look very pretty when they are mixed

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
@Jaded'n'faded
I used to regularly home-dye my hair when I was younger in a whole variety of shades. I found dark brown was always too dark, but it fades pretty quickly.

Good luck with your hair appointment @MaNaAk. I've got my second haircut next week, which will be a lot less exciting than the first one!

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
I had my first hair cut last week, and I said “take it all off” so she did take most of it off. But all the tiny hairs went in my mask and up my nose, not the most pleasant time. It’ll grow though 🥴

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @Jadedandfaded,

My hair is almost black and rather long and when it's wet I look like Morticia from the Addams Family. Also does anyone remember Lily from the Munsters?

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Tomorrow I have my hair trimmed after that I can do something about my slightly bigger stomach. If you have read my other thread you will that I have two overweight tortoises which means that I have put on weight as well. Maybe when I get more work I will get more exercise and keep away from the biscuit tin. I should not be near strawberries, bananas and biscuits!

MaNaAk