Hairdressers

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Nail bars are now open as well so you can all relax. @Startingonajourney can now go as pink as she wishes! You can also have a coffee afterwards that said it seems you can't have hair extensions or hair removed!

MaNaAk

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
@MaNaAk I don't think the thick brow look is anything to do with threading, which is an alternative to waxing. Are you maybe thinking of powder brows or microblading, which you often see on celebs and Z listers? Examples in the link.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Interesting - our Dentist is still working through the ‘in pain’ backlog which is fair enough and glad they are having priority. Just wondering if you were having check up or treatment.
My regular check up was last Thursday - I was phoned and offered the chance to cancel - but didn't.

I then booked son in for last Friday and husband in for this Friday.

Son also needed a filling and he is having this in mid August.

My dentist is private and she can offer more services than NHS - I think NHS ones can't drill yet so they can only do temporary fillings. But for proper fillings instead of a face visor she has to wear a much higher level of PPE - which I suspect is why NHS dentists aren't allowed to do this. She then has to deep clean the room afterwards. It was quite clear where son needs his filling and better to have it done now than be larger in 6 months, and the risk for him is very small.

Dental health is meant to have an impact on lots of things (heart etc) so I decided on balance it was important.

I am missing son's lockdown locks. My cut is Friday - I've just gone for a trim for now - hair is very fine and it is now starting to knot which I am assuming it partly split ends. I'll book a colour in for late September.

Mydarlingdaughter

Oct 25, 2019
North East England UK
Threading is a method of hair removal which is done using a cotton thread to pull put the unwanted hair.

HD brows is about shaping the eyebrows and adding definition, usually by dyeing the eyebrow hair. This is what makes them look bigger.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Threading is a method of hair removal which is done using a cotton thread to pull put the unwanted hair.

HD brows is about shaping the eyebrows and adding definition, usually by dyeing the eyebrow hair. This is what makes them look bigger.
I hate the fat caterpillar look. Add to that the fake eyelashes and orange foundation... do these women really think it looks good? I wonder how long it takes to put it all on? (Plus the shaving, plucking, waxing, mani/pedicures and so forth.)

I've always worn make-up (and haven't removed my eyeliner since 1979) but the current bizarre mask look is not something I will be copying...

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Theres a lot of pressure on women to look a certain way. To not have the look is to risk being ostracised, or to not get a job.
What happened to female emancipation? Having to put on that lot is as bad as living in corsets.

Makes me sad that women feel they have to look a certain way. (And that men expect it.)

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
That is very sad and I understand that some places expect women to wear high-heeled shoes. Something that I can no longer wear.

MaNaAk

Laura40

Dec 10, 2017
England
I'm told I am not normal. I have never bought any make up in my life, even on my wedding day, a friend turned up with some for me and convinced me it wouldn't hurt!
I will not be a sheep.....

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @Laura40,

You are naturally beautiful. I have dabbled with make-up but now I can't be bothered especially as it would bring out my allergies
although I do wear lipstick. I have a friend who joined me on my annual music holiday one year and wanted an ensuite room in a halls of residence because she said she would feel that she would have to put makeup on in the middle of the night if she needed to use the bathroom!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

I now notice newsreaders and politicians with new haircuts but it was good seeing them with long hair and interesting seeing them in their homes.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello again.

I just want to say that I am now finding it pointless wearing lipstick as my mask tends to smudge it!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
;)o_O😷Neither does eye shadow without lipstick. What will everyone do if they haven't already been wearing masks in shops?

MaNaAk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemB