Hair wash caps

lesley1958

Mar 24, 2015
Bristol
Just wanted to say that I tried one of these today - as recommended by a kind person on this list at the link below -

http://www.completecareshop.co.uk/pe...se-shampoo-cap

- and got Dad's hair freshened up a bit in no time. I wouldn't say they are as effective as a thorough "manual" hairwash but they are a darn sight better than nothing at all and so much easier on all our nerves. After a bit of persuasion and a few jokes I was able to just sit Dad down with a towel around his shoulders, bung on a cap warmed for a few seconds in the microwave, and then give him a nice shampoo head massage. I actually thiink he quite enjoyed it.

So thanks again for the recommendtion. Would that we could find a similar approach to calming him when he wants his mum and dad, or to go home......

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello Lesley.
I use to use their shampoo on mum. It's the towel drying that does the cleaning , if Dad will let you gently rub his hair with a towel for a bit longer you may find you get better results , having said that I found I had to do mum's hair about every other day.

Hopefully you will never need them but if you do , I found their body washing products very good too.

lesley1958

Mar 24, 2015
Bristol
Thanks nitram - I did! Should have been

http://www.completecareshop.co.uk/personal-care/aids-for-hair-washing/no-rinse-shampoo-cap

And thanks Lin1 - I was quite energetic with the towel as I sort of realised that that was probably going to help to shift the, er, residue! I think dad would accept these (possibly) every 3 days or so without too much wear and tear on mum and I whereas he certainly would not accept a manual hairwash with anything approaching that frequency - or, indeed, increasingly, at all. Luckily his hair is not very thick now now....

I also got some of their body cleaning products too, so good to know that they come recommended.

Thanks both.

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Thanks for switching me on to such a useful site Lesley. I am going to go through it with the family and see what we can get.

Heidi

CucumberWhisky

Sep 23, 2015
Surrey
Hello everyone. Many thanks for mentioning this website - I've just sent my first order! They have a corner-shaped shower mat, something I've not seen before and which will fit beautifully in our little cubicle.

CW

Dimelza

May 28, 2013
I have some of these if anyone would like to try them. Now dads in a CH they're no use.