1. lesley1958

lesley1958 Registered User

Mar 24, 2015
    Bristol
    Just wanted to say that I tried one of these today - as recommended by a kind person on this list at the link below -

http://www.completecareshop.co.uk/pe...se-shampoo-cap

- and got Dad's hair freshened up a bit in no time. I wouldn't say they are as effective as a thorough "manual" hairwash but they are a darn sight better than nothing at all and so much easier on all our nerves. After a bit of persuasion and a few jokes I was able to just sit Dad down with a towel around his shoulders, bung on a cap warmed for a few seconds in the microwave, and then give him a nice shampoo head massage. I actually thiink he quite enjoyed it.

So thanks again for the recommendtion. Would that we could find a similar approach to calming him when he wants his mum and dad, or to go home......

2. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
  3. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    Hello Lesley.
    I use to use their shampoo on mum. It's the towel drying that does the cleaning , if Dad will let you gently rub his hair with a towel for a bit longer you may find you get better results , having said that I found I had to do mum's hair about every other day.

Hopefully you will never need them but if you do , I found their body washing products very good too.

4. lesley1958

lesley1958 Registered User

Mar 24, 2015
    Bristol
    Thanks nitram - I did! Should have been

http://www.completecareshop.co.uk/personal-care/aids-for-hair-washing/no-rinse-shampoo-cap

And thanks Lin1 - I was quite energetic with the towel as I sort of realised that that was probably going to help to shift the, er, residue! I think dad would accept these (possibly) every 3 days or so without too much wear and tear on mum and I whereas he certainly would not accept a manual hairwash with anything approaching that frequency - or, indeed, increasingly, at all. Luckily his hair is not very thick now now....

I also got some of their body cleaning products too, so good to know that they come recommended.

Thanks both.

5. hvml

hvml Registered User

Oct 10, 2015
    North Cornwall
    Thanks for switching me on to such a useful site Lesley. I am going to go through it with the family and see what we can get.

Heidi

6. Suzanna1969

Suzanna1969 Registered User

Mar 28, 2015
    Essex
    Oh WOW this is AWESOME! Thank you so much for switching me on to this!

7. CucumberWhisky

CucumberWhisky Registered User

Sep 23, 2015
    Surrey
    Hello everyone. Many thanks for mentioning this website - I've just sent my first order! They have a corner-shaped shower mat, something I've not seen before and which will fit beautifully in our little cubicle.

CW

8. Dimelza

Dimelza Registered User

May 28, 2013
    I have some of these if anyone would like to try them. Now dads in a CH they're no use.