Had to laugh

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
Today was a good day for Edna my step mum we have not laughed so much for years. my dad came in wearing his cap after she told him off for wearing it she said "take it of its makes you frisky" my dad replied you better tell John (my hubby) to get one then I quickly replied I will tell him NOT TO hes bad enough we laughed so much, It was so nice to see my dad laughing I can't remember the last time. I must be making a difference.

I just had to share this with you all just to remind us all there is good days sometimes

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello (not so) Heartbroken!

I haven't posted on your thread but have followed it with interest...

I must be making a difference.

It certainly sounds as though you are..and it's good to hear about your laughter..:)

Love Gigi x

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Amongst all the bad days there will be good days, you just have to grab hold of them with 2 hands. :)

Thank you for sharing one of your good days with us.

AJay

Aug 21, 2007
Leics
I just had to share this with you all just to remind us all there is good days sometimes

Hello Heartbroken

I'm learning very quicky to appreciate the good days also. Dad wasn't very good tonight when I visited but when I was getting ready to go he asked if I'd heard all the fuss about the floods. Quickly latching on that he was talking about the earthquake, I asked if that's what he was talking about.

'So that's why all my underpants have disappeared' he exclaimed with total shock on his face. You could hear me laughing on the ground floor of the home.

AJay xxx

BeverleyY

Jan 29, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Today was a good day for Edna my step mum we have not laughed so much for years. my dad came in wearing his cap after she told him off for wearing it she said "take it of its makes you frisky" my dad replied you better tell John (my hubby) to get one then I quickly replied I will tell him NOT TO hes bad enough we laughed so much, It was so nice to see my dad laughing I can't remember the last time. I must be making a difference.

That made me smile.

You have to giggle don't you sometimes, or you would spend your Days miserable as sin.

Keep smiling.

Beverley x

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I must be making a difference.

you sure are :)

I remember my mother breaking out into a great big fit of laughing can't remember now what is was about, but it made us all laugh with her but I do remember how Good I felt seeing her laughing, It does lift my sprite seeing her laughing smiling .

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Mum cries a lot with frustration, so it is always good if she can have a laugh. We were playing Scrabble the other day and I put out "LOVERS" - she then added "SHAG". She said to me "That's not what you are thinking - it is the shag on a rock!" - BIG GRIN!!! I acted "shocked"!! Said things like "how disgraceful for MY MOTHER to think things like that!" Also added that "OF COURSE I knew she meant the shag on the rock". "Oh I don't believe you!" she chortled!! It was SO good to see her laughing and being "risque"!! :D

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
heartbroken said:

There is a saying, "Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life" I think that this is so true. It's good to share in on some happiness. Wishing you many more laughs, Taffy. :):)

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
Today has been a bit up and down but after Edna shouted at dad for the 100th time, I quickly said come on lets go shopping and leave him to moan to himself SHE GOT READY AND CAME we didn't have to trick her it was lovely to just go:). I hope this is the start of her acepting me doing things for her

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513