• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

had enough

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

I am still sending messages to Jenny but I just need to let you all know that I may not be able to do this quite so much over the next few days because my brother and his family are coming to stay. However if you can I am sure she wouldn't mind a few messages from anyone. I had a message this morning and she is still in pain which is worrying.

MaNaAk

jaymor

Volunteer Moderator
Jul 14, 2006
England
Thank you@ MaNaAk, I’m sure we will all continue to message on this thread with our good wishes and let her know she is in our thoughts.

Enjoy your family time,

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Thank you every one of you they have found nothing wrong with my back but trying to get me out of pain look forward to heaing from you all I've been talking to all the nurses about the form you're brilliant

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It’s lovely to hear from you Jennifer. I do hope they can get your pain sorted out soon.

jaymor

Volunteer Moderator
Jul 14, 2006
England
We are all here rooting for you Jennifer and hoping the pain relief you need will soon be available.

Angtrog

Mar 25, 2020
You are in the right place now fingers crossed they can get to the bottom of it now Take care

mickeyplum

Feb 22, 2018
Jennifer, please don't believe that no-one listens. We are all here for you, listening and caring about you.
I was in a similar state over a year ago and was helped by 'Mind Matters' I think it was called. You can self refer and someone will phone you. You must tell them just how desperate you feel or you will be on a 6 month waiting list, like I was.
I rang them a couple of times in the meantime to ask how soon my appointment would be and was sobbing down the phone. They are really understanding.
The first time I saw my counsellor I cried the whole hour but things got better and better. Just to have someone who you can off=load to and who understands did me the world of good.
I had 6 sessions and then when I had a slight blip some months later I rang and asked to see the same counsellor and she helped me once again.
There are good people out there who can help you Jennifer. good luck

Jan L

Mar 26, 2020
thanks but it shouldnt be that only your own gp can work things out and mental health is non existent
I'm so sorry to read this, it is of no help whatsoever, but I have shared the same problem. My Husband was diagnosed 5 1/2 years ago with combined Alzheimer's/Vascular Dementia, moderate/severe. About 4 years ago I went to the Doctors with problems with my back, he sent me for an x-ray, when I rang up for the results the receptionist did the usual and asked me why I wanted to speak with Doctor, I told her, she checked on my records and said that the results of the xray were fine and there was no further action required. I left it for a couple of weeks and when I couldn't stand the paid anymore, I was unable to get up the stairs expect on all four's and how could I assist my Husband to get upstairs and do the carrying up and down stairs. I phoned and made another appointment, I told him that I was still in pain and needed help and if I had got to pay for it myself then the least he should advise me on where to spend my money. He said the problem was soft tissue and not bone/disc etc which was why it doesn't show on the x ray. He suggested I had physio to start with, which would be on the NHS, but that the problem was probably made worse by the stress of looking after my Husband and I agreed. I had my sessions of Physio, did the exercises he gave me and iced it several times a day, he recommended I go to Pilates. I have to admit it seemed to work and I have been fine since, however, this stopped with lock down, she is starting up again in September but on a different day and time, which isn't convenient, during this time my Husband has deteriorated a lot and I have no one I can leave him with. I keep trying to do some of the exercises myself, but it is 24/7 job here and there is never time.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Thank you so much and hope MaNaAk is having nice family li read all your posts 2 or 3 times a day virtual hugs whatever etc l thank you all for your overwhelming kindness so glad I found all of you take care jenny