• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

had enough

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear Jenny,

I hope you are okay but now is the time to accept help with the caring and I hope they looking at your back trouble. I remember when dad went into care home and I was being what to do by my invisibles our wonderful friends here said that I need to look after myself now or I will make myself ill worrying about other people and I won't be able to care for dad. When I put him in the home I didn't stop being a carer because I still kept tabs on his appointments and I bought toiletries and I ensured that he sufficient treats for his diabetes. The thing is I got him into the home at just the right time as he was becoming aggressive with the carers. Once he was in the home he settled in very well and I became his daughter again. Whats more is the fact that I thought his memory seemed better.

Please, please remember you are a much loved partner, mother and friend and you have a brilliant job as carer and mother.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Dear Jenny,

I hope you are okay but now is the time to accept help with the caring and I hope they looking at your back trouble. I remember when dad went into care home and I was being what to do by my invisibles our wonderful friends here said that I need to look after myself now or I will make myself ill worrying about other people and I won't be able to care for dad. When I put him in the home I didn't stop being a carer because I still kept tabs on his appointments and I bought toiletries and I ensured that he sufficient treats for his diabetes. The thing is I got him into the home at just the right time as he was becoming aggressive with the carers. Once he was in the home he settled in very well and I became his daughter again. Whats more is the fact that I thought his memory seemed better.

Please, please remember you are a much loved partner, mother and friend and you have a brilliant job as carer and mother.

MaNaAk
Jennifer I hope by now you have the much needed help you deserve
I am fine and in hospital they are trying to get pain under control soc work and psych thank you all for your support I've never had so much you are all wonderful and brilliant thanks jenny

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so pleased to hear from you Jennifer - especially to hear that you’re fine.

I hope you get all of the help and care that you need. Take care of yourself - no let others take care of you!

jaymor

Volunteer Moderator
Jul 14, 2006
England
That’s good news Jenny, you are getting the help you need. Just rest and take advantage of everything on offer.

big l

Aug 15, 2015
Phew. Thank goodness. It really is heart breaking that you had to go this far to get for the help you need and deserve. Sleep well.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

I have been messaging Jenny for the last few weeks and she messaged me saying that she's okay in hospital and that the overdose wasn't too bad. As she says they are seeing to the pain but she has access to a psychiatry and she also has a social worker.

Keep getting better Jenny.

MaNaAk

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
So sad at what you have been through @jennifer1967 and relieved that you are getting help. I hope they get the pain under control and you get some much needed rest x

Veritas

Jun 15, 2020
@jennifer1967
I am so very sorry you were pushed to the point of an overdose. I hope you really will now get the help you need and deserve. To have left you to reach this state of total desperation is beyond unforgiveable, really it is.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m also relieved to hear you are getting the help you need Jennifer and your cry for help wasn`t as damaging as it sounded.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Just had a message from Jenny who sounds quite positive although she is in pain from her back. She is in the right place and is very pleased and overwhelmed with our support.

MaNaAk