• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

had enough

Hazara8

Apr 6, 2015
thankyou i have called them once before late at night when i had had enough
Depression, pain, exhaustion, are formidable adversaries. On top of these the Caring role too? Wow! Is it any wonder that things become so very hard?

I wonder whether you realise how valuable your opening of the heart on here truly benefits so many others? Yes, it is an unfortunate reality that many professional clinicians do not actually understand what the " reality " of utter despair feels like. They can suggest things and offer medication ( l am not referring to the physical pain here) but so often fail to actually 'communicate ' the actuality, what is really taking place inside the heart and mind. But YOU do precisely that in expressing your feelings so openly and honestly and that alone is therapeutic for so many others. Perhaps over and above all else, is the overwhelming TRUTH. Your life is as important as any life being lived upon this Earth. That is not some airy fairy sentiment, it is a FACT. On here we can share our stories and all the trials and tribulations which are the stuff of Caring for those living with dementia. There can be pain and joy. But there is patent honesty borne out of the raw reality of this role and relationship of Caring.
Your contribution enhances by sheer integrity of expression and unfettered heartfelt truth.

You matter.

With warmest wishes.

DILhelp

Jan 31, 2016
London
thanks but it shouldnt be that only your own gp can work things out and mental health is non existent
I know it's sad I only got help last month. When I was suffering for the last 3 years. Cried every time i went to a gp and took so much time off my own job trying to juggle with home care life. Until last month a gp took me seriously x

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Caring can cause depression and so can pain which is why I feel angry towards Jenny's doctors.

MaNaAk

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
GPs not listening to and/or not believing carers seems to be a common theme.

My GP didnt believe me until I became suicidal either.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
i have taken tablets pharmacy says ive not taken enough cant even get that right my husband has called me selfish because i was leaving him on his own run ou8t on him and not be there to do

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Depression, pain, exhaustion, are formidable adversaries. On top of these the Caring role too? Wow! Is it any wonder that things become so very hard?

I wonder whether you realise how valuable your opening of the heart on here truly benefits so many others? Yes, it is an unfortunate reality that many professional clinicians do not actually understand what the " reality " of utter despair feels like. They can suggest things and offer medication ( l am not referring to the physical pain here) but so often fail to actually 'communicate ' the actuality, what is really taking place inside the heart and mind. But YOU do precisely that in expressing your feelings so openly and honestly and that alone is therapeutic for so many others. Perhaps over and above all else, is the overwhelming TRUTH. Your life is as important as any life being lived upon this Earth. That is not some airy fairy sentiment, it is a FACT. On here we can share our stories and all the trials and tribulations which are the stuff of Caring for those living with dementia. There can be pain and joy. But there is patent honesty borne out of the raw reality of this role and relationship of Caring.
Your contribution enhances by sheer integrity of expression and unfettered heartfelt truth.

You matter.

With warmest wishes.
nobody believes me so i took the tablets any way unless they are hit by colde hard facts they have no idea of too many nights up and in pain that doesnt go away they said will take weeks before they know whats wrong by time it gets discussed at a meeting then discussed with the gp and treatment before i get to know all this time im in pain and they dont understand why is brought me down what do they spend loads of years in med sachool if no understanding with mental health

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
nobody believes me so i took the tablets any way unless they are hit by colde hard facts they have no idea of too many nights up and in pain that doesnt go away they said will take weeks before they know whats wrong by time it gets discussed at a meeting then discussed with the gp and treatment before i get to know all this time im in pain and they dont understand why is brought me down what do they spend loads of years in med sachool if no understanding with mental health
the ambulance is coming and i just wish it didnt have take this to be listened to. thanks for all your support im glad ive got all of you around

big l

Aug 15, 2015
The worst place to be in the world. Surrounded by people and nobody there for you. Oh Jennifer. Right. O.K. Now re-build time. Do you have any access to an Admiral nurse? if not find the number and ring them. They will look at YOU not as your husband's carer but as you, Jennifer, the person. They, more than anyone else can help because they see broken and breaking carers everyday. I know because I was one too. Daughter, son, friends all saw me as my husband's carer. Me as me didn't exist. Family don't always want to see, rather than can't see. Like you, I had a few days in hospital. The family took over and had a brief insight into my life. Sadly, though, it wears off and all too soon you're on your own again - now is the time to let someone else share your grief. Try the Admiral nurse - she'll shake your doctor up as well - or mine did. Best of luck dear fellow member suffering from the effects of caring for a loved person suffering from this horrible, destructive disease.