Had enough today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Rant Rant Rant. Fed up to the back teeth today. Had a bad night and all day, Mum talking to the clock and asking her Mum to come and get her. Had the gas engineer here whilst she was doing it,he must think it's a mad house.
Waiting for results from the bloods and urine sample DN's took on Friday. No let up today just constant, my head is in pieces. Why or why cant we just have one full week of peace instead of a couple of days.
Sorry all feel better just putting it down on here. Maybe a good one tonight. Fingers crossed and everything else. Even the cat is fed up everytime she goes out to do her business Mum goes and brings her back in. (HAVE TO LAUGH OR WILL CRACK UP)

Toddleo

Oct 7, 2015
Even the cat is fed up everytime she goes out to do her business Mum goes and brings her back in. (HAVE TO LAUGH OR WILL CRACK UP)

Love it jorgieporgie, my sympathies, I feel your pain, we're struggling too, Don't we all HATE alzheimers. Poor cat..........

la lucia

Jul 3, 2011
Rant Rant Rant. Fed up to the back teeth today. Had a bad night and all day, Mum talking to the clock and asking her Mum to come and get her. Had the gas engineer here whilst she was doing it,he must think it's a mad house.
Waiting for results from the bloods and urine sample DN's took on Friday. No let up today just constant, my head is in pieces. Why or why cant we just have one full week of peace instead of a couple of days.
Sorry all feel better just putting it down on here. Maybe a good one tonight. Fingers crossed and everything else. Even the cat is fed up everytime she goes out to do her business Mum goes and brings her back in. (HAVE TO LAUGH OR WILL CRACK UP)

I wish I could draw I had a great image in my head of your cat looking very miffed.....

The cat crept out of the crypt, cra........ OK I'll stop. I just wanted to make you laugh - that's the best I can come up with.

Candlelight 67

Nov 4, 2013
West Sussex
Just wanted to say rant as much as you like. You are coping with so much more than me. And properly coping.
I don't live with my mother (suspected uti) and she is still able to do my head in whilst lying in bed refusing to drink or eat much. Expecting 3rd visit from Gp later on. I have escaped again.
Your poor cat I hope they find a way round. I do so hope things improve and you get longer with the better times. I for one think you are wonderful to cope and live in at the same time.

Candlelight 67

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Ha Ha I have cheered up a bit, coming on here is like taking a tonic. Thank you my TP friends. Have to go Mum gone to loo so chucked the cat out.

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Oh, jorgieporgie. Your posts so often capture the utter pain, madness and hilarity of living with someone with dementia (the madness I fully own myself, never mind poor mum's).

Today was the lowest dip and highest rise up from it in our house. I went from being in tears, with a glass of wine, *before* 5pm, and blubbering to a lovely, lovely woman on the alzheimer society's helpline (with my little dog in the background thrashing the bejaysus out of her "ropey toy" -- the conduit for all our pent up tension, grief and pain -- and mum, as ever, repeatedly calling my name like a harsh mantra) to having one of our sorely missed and all too infrequent *real* mother/daughter exchanges with mum. The reality is, the content of the conversation with the helpline woman is more pressing and that that with mum is more precious but rare and receding.

Grief stricken to furious, guilty to full of love and gratitude while rapidly learning the extent of my limitations and therefore how that must, of necessity, redefine any expression of my love in action.

Hard, hard hard.

Hope you've let the cat back in :D

banger696

Sep 17, 2015
North East
My mum is the opposite, if the dog (Dalton the 4 year old german shepherd) moves he needs to go out because he might wet or worse on the carpet. This can be every 5 minutes.

banger696

Sep 17, 2015
North East
Today she was going on to me about scraping bird dirt from the window every 5 minsm at least she recognised me today. Yes you cant explain to pets, just as well he doesnt mind going out so often.

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Morning all how is everyone today!
Thanks worrier for my tipple can always rely on you. Oh poor Molly you had a bad day too. Have you heard anything about respite yet? It is the tiredness that gets to us isn't it. I had quiet a good night, Mum only got up twice to go talk to her friend in the mirror. I think I have conquered that now, I cover it up at bedtime and tell her that her friend is tired and wants a good night's sleep. Funny thing is she got up twice lift the corner of the cover up to see if her friend was asleep didn't talk to her though. I said you will wake her up and she won't be friends with you in the morning.
I don't know if Mum is ok and it's me now with dementia (ha ha)
Going to take her for a drive soon it's a lovely day here the sun in shinning.Maybe go for an ice cream. Report back later. xx

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Well just got back from an afternoon out. Firstly in the car I had to put the visor down with the mirror on at Mums side just so her mate could come out with us (mate in the mirror that is)
Thought I would take her for an ice cream on the forshore looking out at he ships. Mum decided her friend wanted some and put the cornet on my mirror, great.
I tried to get her walking as her mobility is ok she did nothing but moan it was cold and wanted to go home. Give up in the end came home let her pester the cat instead. Sometimes you can't please.

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
Oh no what a waste of ice cream. I got home and apparently I've put the house up for sale. You know the usual estate agent letters property's wanted in your area
Then got asked what's for dinner and I say shepherds pie. Dad moaned the carer didn't do the ironing. I said he's not supposed to. Then I said so you had a good day. No why should I. I said be nice to come home from
Work and you've had a good day. He said tough I want to be miserable.
Great and I choose to work from home tomorrow. Think I will get out for a haircut to get away for an hour

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
...Mum decided her friend wanted some and put the cornet on my mirror, great.

... Give up in the end came home let her pester the cat instead.

LOL.

You're a tonic :). And it's not list on me how frustrating and wearing it must be. You make such great efforts to give lovely things to your mum

Hope her pal enjoyed the ice cream. Vanilla or Rum n Raisin?

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Evening Worrier and Molly,
Pity we don't all live near each other to meet up and take our Mum's and dad out they probably would have a great time in their own little worlds together.
Anyway the good news is the cat had a few hours in the garden sunbathing until we got home then Mum had her in again. Having early night tonight got my grandchildren and taking them to school in the morning. Hope Mum sleeps through. Night all zzzzz

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
I hope I get my haircut as I've just spent an hour being told how to pull the sheets up over you in bed so they are all in a line and yes shame we don't live closer

JohnBG

Apr 20, 2016
Lancashire UK
Vent away !

I am a newbie, been caring for my step mother who has dementia, waiting for an official diagnosis, been her carer for a year now plus disabled myself.
Sometime we just need to share with those that understanding, as with my mother she will be a new version in the morning bless her, so just have a wry smile we all understand here.....
We all understand here
We all understand here.......ect

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
I hope I get my haircut as I've just spent an hour being told how to pull the sheets up over you in bed so they are all in a line and yes shame we don't live closer

Morning Worrrier, Hope you get your hair cut today makes you feel better a little me time doesn't it. Feel like I could go to a spa for the day and get pampered, not much chance of that, think I will do some gardening instead. Never know may get sunbed out and have a lie in the sun, don't think much chance of that too.x

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
Morning Worrrier, Hope you get your hair cut today makes you feel better a little me time doesn't it. Feel like I could go to a spa for the day and get pampered, not much chance of that, think I will do some gardening instead. Never know may get sunbed out and have a lie in the sun, don't think much chance of that too.x

I got the haircut I'm sitting in my lap top working and the sun beaming in.
Rather be lying on a subbed too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife