Had enough today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Well nothing much to report this weekend been ok as far as weekends go. Mum been fine most of the time but then I have had my 9 year old grandson sleeping and he as been making her laugh. He is such a help and really is good with her. Maybe because Mum as gone back to childhood she can communicate better with him, I probably get on her nerves! Hope everyone else had a good weekend lets see what the week brings.
Mum as even left the cat alone, even she has had a peaceful weekend, all will change tomorrow when it's just us two again.

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
Friday was OK as was Saturday then today after helping dad wash, getting his breakfast , getting tea, biscuits more biscuits he just turns on me and my boyfriend and says what's he doing back here.
He started sulking wouldn't eat his lunch so I went for a walk. Came back and he said I'd left him and do nothing
He's improved but now moaning about the FB and that there's nothing on and the tv mag is wrong.
Cuppa and shortbread for me now bet he perks up when he sees biscuits

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Happy to hear your weekends were ok. Mine wasn't bad either. Mum is starting to think there are two of me and two of my dog. She says, "that dog is almost exactly like the other one."!

She's not distressed when like this tho' so it's fine.

jorgieporgie, good to hear your cat had a break from eventfulness too. :)

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Well all change today. Mum been up since 2.30 every half hour had her coat on at 4.30 going home again. Now asleep (CHARMING). I've got awful head cold still, can not seem to shift it so do not feel like going out today. It will be a long day but what the heck that's how I feel. Glad to hear your Mum not to bad Molly, and stock up on those biscuits Worrier!!!

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
Well all change today. Mum been up since 2.30 every half hour had her coat on at 4.30 going home again. Now asleep (CHARMING). I've got awful head cold still, can not seem to shift it so do not feel like going out today. It will be a long day but what the heck that's how I feel. Glad to hear your Mum not to bad Molly, and stock up on those biscuits Worrier!!!

Well I have had this head cold for a few weeks now and a glass of wine didn't help it on Saturday. Dad was ok this morning before I left for work but seeing as I am workin from home tomorrow he usually changes and I regret my decision. I will know in an hour

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Hope you will at least shift the cold soon- and you jorgieporgie. Whatever nasty virus it is that's going around at the moment, it seems to hang around for ages! Or keep coming back - I've had it get almost better, then come back again three times in two months! Just over it now, and hope I'm done with it!

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Hi Everyone,
Well head cold gone! Took Mum shopping this morning she is in good spirits today.
Just put her curlers in, now she is asleep on the sofa snoring her head off.
I have got a sitter coming tomorrow to be introduced to Mum and if everything goes well and they like each other she will be coming every Thursday afternoon for two hours. I use to go out with my SIL on a Thursday for lunch so we have decided to start doing that again. At least something to look forward too. I know two hours isn't a lot of time but it is a break. I just hope Mum will be ok with it. Tell you more on Thursday after the first sit. Fingers crossed xx

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
Hi jorgieporgie well I am off to the theatre and will have a glass for you
How did you get a sitter is it a paid service. I think we have a local volunteer group near me who offer this or GP visits etc
May investigate

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Hi jorgieporgie well I am off to the theatre and will have a glass for you
How did you get a sitter is it a paid service. I think we have a local volunteer group near me who offer this or GP visits etc
May investigate

Morning Worrier,
Hope you had a good night at the theatre did you see anything good.
The sitter is voluntary from the Carers centre CIC. I give them a call and they came to see Mum and said she qualified, it is only two hours a week but better than nothing. We are waiting for them to come this morning to introduce the sitter to Mum. Will let you know more later. Apparently you can get £200 a year to help with a break for yourself also for been a carer. There is a lot of help out there it is knowing where to go. Speak later.x

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Really hope it goes well for you both. Let us know how you get on, jorgie.

Break a leg. Have a blast. Paint the town red!!! :)

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
Morning Worrier,
Hope you had a good night at the theatre did you see anything good.
The sitter is voluntary from the Carers centre CIC. I give them a call and they came to see Mum and said she qualified, it is only two hours a week but better than nothing. We are waiting for them to come this morning to introduce the sitter to Mum. Will let you know more later. Apparently you can get £200 a year to help with a break for yourself also for been a carer. There is a lot of help out there it is knowing where to go. Speak later.x
We went to see Boeing Boeing and not well known but funny !
And a few
The memory clinic have invited me to a
Seminar about dementia and it's at the carers cafe so I will ask loads. They will wish they hadn't invited me

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
The outcome of yesterday regarding the sitter. I went out with my SIL around 11am my daughter came and sat with Mum until the sitter arrived at 2pm. What a lovely carer she got on with Mum straight away and thought she was a little sweetie. The sitting was 2-4 I returned home early about 3.30 so I could meet her and really because I was worried how Mum was going to be. I came in and Mum was laughing with her and both of them were wrapped up on the sofa in a blanket. As soon as I came in I got a dirty look and I thought things were about to change when the sitter had gone. We set her to the door and waved and Mum couldn't get the door shut quick enough. Once outside the door Mum started and what a night I have had, infact she is still on one. We have had crying, hates me and all her mates in the mirrors.
Just think to myself was it worth it. Had a lovely day then came home and felt depressed.xx

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Oh, jorgieporgie. I'm so sorry you got a backlash. Please, please stick with it. Your mum obviously enjoys the carer's company. I've no idea why the daughter tends to get it in the neck, but once you know she's safe and you can get time out in the world for yourself to meet friends, it's crucial you continue to give yourself permission. If possible.

Hugs ♡

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
Thanks Molly, that was strange I was posting on your thread at the same time you were mine.
I will keep trying, I have too. xx
Oh bless you. I do wonder if it's a front sometimes as I come home and dad is joking with the carers and I come in and he pulls faces and sulks when they go moaning about them
Today he said the carer he knows and rubbed his back bought him sweets and cotton wool for nose bleeds is a gambler and I have to watch him
3 day weekend ugh I've said I am working Monday and kept the carers to give me a break

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
I am dreading this long weekend especially if weather is not good. Well Mum as finally calmed down after yesterday and last night, I ignored her this morning only spoke to give her some crumpets which she left and said she didn't want anything to eat. Mum kept getting upset and looking to see what I was doing, I thought I am not going to pander to her and got one with making breakfast for my grandson. When I put his egg and soldiers on the table she looked up and said is that for me, no I said your not hungry. With that she got up and sat at the table, Would you like the same as Jorge(my grandson) I asked. Yes was the reply and she sat and ate it all. I think sometimes it is for attention and it's going back to been the child again. Nether the less I stood my ground and put my foot down and took the role of Mother, it seemed to work she as been lovely the rest of the day. Maybe to much attention makes them worse. We will see, might be the naughty step soon LOL. xx

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Oh, I'm so pleased things were a bit easier today for you both and that your mum had a good breakfast to boot.

:)

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
I am dreading this long weekend especially if weather is not good. Well Mum as finally calmed down after yesterday and last night, I ignored her this morning only spoke to give her some crumpets which she left and said she didn't want anything to eat. Mum kept getting upset and looking to see what I was doing, I thought I am not going to pander to her and got one with making breakfast for my grandson. When I put his egg and soldiers on the table she looked up and said is that for me, no I said your not hungry. With that she got up and sat at the table, Would you like the same as Jorge(my grandson) I asked. Yes was the reply and she sat and ate it all. I think sometimes it is for attention and it's going back to been the child again. Nether the less I stood my ground and put my foot down and took the role of Mother, it seemed to work she as been lovely the rest of the day. Maybe to much attention makes them worse. We will see, might be the naughty step soon LOL. xx
I spoke to the GP and she told me to speak to dad and treat him as if he is a child
Dad has always been so hot on manners both eating and in general. Now he doesn't always say please or thank you and scrapes his plate and taps the table when he wants something
It's true you feel like the parent

wink62

Dec 23, 2015
Not just me then !!

Well I thought I'd had a bad week with 79 yr old husband who is crazy most days now ,
Convinced that other people live in the house,keep taking his wine,glasses keys etc .
I feel I'm living in a parallel universe!
Woke at 2.0 am to find him emptying his wardrobe on to the bed ready for going home again!!
Finally at 7.0 am got him in car drove round village ,back home 5 mins later ,right as rain .how bizarre is this hideous disease ,how destructive to happy marriages.apparently I'm not his wife of 36 years ,just someone who's come to live with him .
Sadly I'm starting to feel my life is not worth living anymore,I'm only 62 but hate the violent arguments ,aggression,I'm tired and depressed,he's quite happy and thinks I'm the one with the problem,.
Sorry for the rant I'm pretty desperate .

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Well I thought I'd had a bad week with 79 yr old husband who is crazy most days now ,
Convinced that other people live in the house,keep taking his wine,glasses keys etc .
I feel I'm living in a parallel universe!
Woke at 2.0 am to find him emptying his wardrobe on to the bed ready for going home again!!
Finally at 7.0 am got him in car drove round village ,back home 5 mins later ,right as rain .how bizarre is this hideous disease ,how destructive to happy marriages.apparently I'm not his wife of 36 years ,just someone who's come to live with him .
Sadly I'm starting to feel my life is not worth living anymore,I'm only 62 but hate the violent arguments ,aggression,I'm tired and depressed,he's quite happy and thinks I'm the one with the problem,.
Sorry for the rant I'm pretty desperate .

Have you spoken to the GP about the aggression?

Status
Not open for further replies.