Had diagnoses today

Hunter62

Feb 19, 2018
hi all just a update after 6th visit to memory clinic,spect scan came back clear,a diagnoses of Mild Cognitive Impairment,he explained it like diabetis you can be pre-diabetis for a long time then it may go to full diabetis,I knew that because I am a diabetic type 2 so what I’ve got could stay the same or go to dementia,he said if it declines it would normally be in the next 1-2 years or it may stay the same,so so now it’s just watch and Waite,no more app at memory clinic unless myself or family have any concerns and to be referred back to clinic by GP,so now I’m off to Tenerife and going to get on as best I can,I’m not going to get stressed when I loose my train of thought,or can’t find the words I want to say,ppl will just have to accept I’m only a little bit broken,today is the start of my new life,thank you xxxxx

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
hi all just a update after 6th visit to memory clinic,spect scan came back clear,a diagnoses of Mild Cognitive Impairment,he explained it like diabetis you can be pre-diabetis for a long time then it may go to full diabetis,I knew that because I am a diabetic type 2 so what I’ve got could stay the same or go to dementia,he said if it declines it would normally be in the next 1-2 years or it may stay the same,so so now it’s just watch and Waite,no more app at memory clinic unless myself or family have any concerns and to be referred back to clinic by GP,so now I’m off to Tenerife and going to get on as best I can,I’m not going to get stressed when I loose my train of thought,or can’t find the words I want to say,ppl will just have to accept I’m only a little bit broken,today is the start of my new life,thank you xxxxx
In the hope that it may be of some value to you, and in case you haven't seen it already, here's a link to the AS Factsheet on MCI. Good luck and stay positive, don't forget we are here for you as and when you may need us https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/downl...eet_what_is_mild_cognitive_impairment_mci.pdf

PJ

Jan 26, 2017
Bristol
That’s wonderful news! Enjoy Tenerife & don’t worry just have fun :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I’m off to Tenerife and going to get on as best I can,I’m not going to get stressed when I loose my train of thought,or can’t find the words I want to say,ppl will just have to accept

What a wonderful attitude @Hunter62. I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Hunter62

Feb 19, 2018
What a wonderful attitude @Hunter62. I hope you have a fantastic holiday.
I’ve worried for too long, life is too short yes I know it could get worse but at the moment it’s not so I’m going to enjoy my life as it is, my dad used to say live everyday like it’s your last because your dead a long time and life is too short for worrying, I’m not in denial or anything I’m probably elated because of the diagnoses today and that the scans were clear yes I’m having memory and executive function problems but they havnt changed me yet I’m still me I’ve read stories on here and I’ve thought how would I cope I guess you just have too and I thank the lord I don’t have to yet but I send my heartfelt thought out to everyone who is being affected by this awful disease xxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I know it could get worse but at the moment it’s not so I’m going to enjoy my life as it is,

There is so much publicity these days about living in the moment and it seems it`s just what you are aiming to do.

I wish you well.