Had a really good day today

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
You can see how it is so easy to be in denial about a diagnosis. Today my OH was having such a good day that apart from not knowing where some things were kept he could have been almost his old self. The weather was lovely, so we went for a walk, longer than normal and he didn't get tired like he usually does. We had a pub lunch out and then sat in the garden in the sun. He didn't do the same things over and over like he has been doing for some months. Perhaps it is the result of the medication he is now on, who knows? What ever it is, it was such a lovely day!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Enjoy the good days Jean, the future isn't always all bad. A few years down the line and today we went to our narrowboat so I could fit the new kitchen cupboard doors then tomorrow back down there to do some painting and watch the Grand Prix highlights, the usual wander round the marina see who's out and about check how the ducklings are doing and cook some dinner. My wife's in denial so I just go along with it and try to live as we did before the diagnosis, like it never happened.
K

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
oooh - you wrote ducklings and dinner awful close to each other - I think someone needs to check they are still alive and swimming tomorrow

sorry

janey106

Dec 10, 2013
Enjoy the good days Jean, the future isn't always all bad. A few years down the line and today we went to our narrowboat so I could fit the new kitchen cupboard doors then tomorrow back down there to do some painting and watch the Grand Prix highlights, the usual wander round the marina see who's out and about check how the ducklings are doing and cook some dinner. My wife's in denial so I just go along with it and try to live as we did before the diagnosis, like it never happened.
K

You have a narrowboat? I'm sure they take a lot of upkeep but always envied people who have these or camper vans! Sorry, know it's nothing to do with TP as such but you reminded me to keep some of my vision on my own dreams for the future. Thank you

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
You have a narrowboat? I'm sure they take a lot of upkeep but always envied people who have these or camper vans! Sorry, know it's nothing to do with TP as such but you reminded me to keep some of my vision on my own dreams for the future. Thank you

When things get too much I dream of having a motor home and just driving away from it all! Jean your day sounds lovely, hope you can enjoy many more like that. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Jean1234

You can see how it is so easy to be in denial about a diagnosis. Today my OH was having such a good day that apart from not knowing where some things were kept he could have been almost his old self. The weather was lovely, so we went for a walk, longer than normal and he didn't get tired like he usually does. We had a pub lunch out and then sat in the garden in the sun. He didn't do the same things over and over like he has been doing for some months. Perhaps it is the result of the medication he is now on, who knows? What ever it is, it was such a lovely day!
Well done for having a good day. I find we have the occasional good day. Makes us both feel better. My husband is deteriorating so quickly now that I keep getting it wrong when I react to his actions or what he says.He now shouts loudly at me and gets angry about everything. I have to learn how to deal with the different ways he is behaving. Hope you had another good day today. x

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
I am finding now that our best days are when we go at my husband's pace, with no clock-watching. I try to do this every day, but as you'll know, that last-minute request for the toilet as you're about to leave the house soon eats into the generous margin of time allowed.....but on the whole, easy-going makes for easy days.

gerrytt

Jul 9, 2015
Well done Jean1234!!! Enjoy and cherish the good times! It's difficult, but you will also learn to positively manage the "not so good times". Great post. Brought a tear to my eye. I was in that place with my wife 2 years ago. I still enjoy taking her for walks no matter how brief they may sometimes be. Besides from the exercise she gets; I believe she still enjoys our time together. Keep it up, Jean1234! You make us proud!!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Optomistic

Jul 24, 2014
Manchester
I take my husband out everyday he has quite a lot of good days and a few bad ones. He is usually not so good when he is ill with a cold or infection. We went to Malta for a week this year with our son mostly it was good. He enjoys playing bingo and looking round the shops and sometimes having his dinner out.