had a bad weekend re pain

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
bob bless him rang doctors for me while i was making cup of tea he got me in for the best doctor at our surgey i praised him big time -not easy to get in with this doctor
mri scan is back hip is ok but damage to bottom of my spine which she thinks is causing pain in my bub and down leg gave me stronger pain releif she does not think they can operate but not sure i am in to see consultant wednesday as i said to her no one wants an opertation but i wanted them to find somthing to operate onto be out of pain
love bel x

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Dear bel & Bob
Hope you get good new's soon
Have a good night's sleep tonight bel:D
LOL
Barb & Ron XX

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
thanks barb and ron

our doctor knows me well
i dont want symphy but she has not seen me for a while and the first thing she said was you dont look well you have lost weight
her mum has dementia and in a home so she understands
she said on leaving look after yourself as well
i know she is right but --thanks for listening
love bel x

jude1950

Mar 23, 2006
Lincolnshire
Hi Bel,

Sorry you are in so much pain. If it is your Coccyx that is causing the trouble in extreme cases it can be removed. I had mine removed nearly 20 years ago. The problem is it means a hospital stay and recovery time is at leaast two to three weeks.
That is hard enough I had a husband and teenage children at the time and they were able to look after me and the home whilst I recovered from the op. Looking after a husband/partner with dementia and recovering from an op like this would be impossible, I don't know what to suggest but you cannot function properly whilst in so much pain have you had a carers assessment done for yourself?
Sending you a cyber Hug

Judith

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
thanks all cross your fingers for me tommorrow

i just hope consultant can suggest somthing
i was pinning all my hopes on an op to get rid of the pain
bob is sufering cos he sees me in pain as much as i try to hide it and play it down he knows
and it is hurting him cos there is nothing he can do
love bel x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good luck for tomorrow bel. I really do hope the consultant will be able to help you with the pain.
Love xx

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
thanks all

went to see consutant
waste of time
my fault i was so concerned about getting rid of the pain
mri was on nhs so he did not have the results
as i phoned to see him private i am booked in for next wednesday when he will get results from nhs
love bel x

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
one step forward two steps back

thanks so much for your support
i feel like i am loosing my mind
you must feel the same
love bel x

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Dear Bel
Sorry today didnt go too well. Hope its better news soon. I am sorry your pain is continuing, it must be so difficult.
take care
hendy

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
nothing seems to go right thanks sylvi

but the posative bit is bob has not got as verbly agresive as he has lately since i had to have my scooter since i said i cant cope i will walk and i ment it
talked to niki visiting psycologist today cos i feel guilty putting bob under pressure to try and stop his aggression
she says no dont feel guilty bob can control some of his aggression and he wants to love bel x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear bel.
Of course you mustn`t feel guilty about asking Bob to try to control some of his agression. He probably needs it pointing out to him how much it hurts you, and I`m sure he wouldn`t knowingly want to hurt you.
Love xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts