Guilt over Adult Day Center

SandiW

Sep 25, 2015
South Carolina
It has come time to elevate my husband's care. He is very resistant and I am having guilt over him going to an adult day center while I work! He is in middle stages of dementia!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
It has come time to elevate my husband's care. He is very resistant and I am having guilt over him going to an adult day center while I work! He is in middle stages of dementia!

Hi Sandi, welcome to TP
It sounds like you've thought about it and come to the best decision for both of you, until he try's it he won't know if he likes it or not. There does seem to be a lot of help available in South Carolina you any well have found this but here's a link in case you missed it. That's all for face to face but we're all here for cyber support.
Guilt is a bit of a dirty word here, you have to do what's in everyone's best interest, feeling guilt is natural but doing the right thing is what's important.
If you were putting him the centre (we spell that word differently in the UK) to go party then feel guilty, but to go to work! Bringing in money! Stop beating yourself up about it you're doing what's best for everyone,
K
K
http://www.alz.org/sc/in_my_community_support.asp

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent

Just wanted to welcome you to TP especially as we lived in South Carolina for four years and have many happy memories of our time there.

It is so sad that people lose the ability to understand what care they need, but please try not to feel guilty that you are doing your very best for him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75