Guardianship services

Discussion in 'Legal and financial issues' started by Poppyfields, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Poppyfields

Poppyfields Registered User

Sep 12, 2013
    I am posting on behalf of my mother, whose own elderly mother has been taken into a care home.
    My mother raised concerns about my sister, who kept refusing hand over details of my grandmother's finances to an independent third party.

As a result, the manager of the care home, without any consultation with my mother, contacted a guardianship service, who tell us that they are now waiting for a court order.

Meanwhile they refuse to give my mother any information as to what has been taken out of her mother's accounts and are ignoring her questions as to how she can contact the court.

Worryingly, this guardianship service continue to get details wrong , which gives both of us the impression that they aren't "on the ball"

I've checked the guardian service's website and there is no information on who they are accountable to

As care homes have regulatory bodies such as the QCC, I wonder does anyone know if there is an equivalent for these guardian services?

2. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
  3. Poppyfields

Sep 12, 2013
    Hello, thanks for reply

My gran is in a home in England. There is now a "guardian service" involved, who has applied for a court order so that they can administer her finances

Surely these guardian services have a regulatory body?

4. Poppyfields

Sep 12, 2013
    Hello, thanks for reply

My gran is in a home in England. There is now a "guardian service" involved, who has applied for a court order so that they can administer her finances

Surely these guardian services have a regulatory body?

5. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Unless she is being held under the MHA, I suspect that it is a Court of Protection Deputyship that is being applied for.

Have a read through
    https://www.gov.uk/become-deputy/who-can-apply-deputy

if you PM me the name of the 'guardian service' involved I'll have a look at their site and see if I can find anything.

6. Poppyfields

Sep 12, 2013
    Thanks Nitram - have sent you a pm

7. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    You have a return PM.