grief and loss

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I'm so sorry Chris. You're bound to be shell shocked. I know it is a cliche but I also think it is true that most things become easier to bear with time. I hope the funeral is as bearable as it can be. Take care of yourself.

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hello chris

just wanted to pass on my condolences on the loss of your husband,
having lost people close to me recently i know theres not a lot people can say to make you feel "better" as it were, but i found that just by knowing people cared enough to send a card can make it that little bit more bearable.
you'll be in my thoughts wednesday.

sending you a {{{hug}}}

Bets

Aug 11, 2005
South-East London, UK
Dear Chrissie,

So sorry to hear of your loss. But glad for both you and your husband that his last day was a happy one and that he was at home with you till the end.

Thinking of you,

Bets

Louise Jones

Apr 11, 2006
Birmingham
Thankyou

I would like to say thankyou for your support again, it has really helped since losing my nana. My mum and I have sorted ourselves out financially so I can take a few weeks off to get myself together again, which is good, but....I still find myself lost in life and it feels like time has remainded to stand still! is this normal to feel this way, I know I can't rush the grieving process and its only been 11 days since my nana's funeral but I feel left behind with not many people to talk too. Are there any group for carers whom look after Alzheimers sufferers dealing with grief?

Life does feel weird not having her around, and it does feel empty! but we've had quite a few weird things going on at home. I'm more of a spiritual person than religious and I've always sensed people around me. There have been days when I've been really upset and we've smelled my nana's perfume or items of her's have fallen onto the floor (even the sound of her cot sides on her hospital bed clanging, only her bed isn't here anymore). I know people might think were crazy and we want to hear things and presume they are her, but I'm sure its my nana trying to comfort us, so its helping to ease the pain knowing she's not far away.
I still go to the crem every other day because it gives me something to do, and I need it at the moment, its all happened so quickly but its my way of grieving, and I know I have to get out of it sooner or later.

I just want you to know that I'm getting there and I think my nana is helping me through along with your help. Its nice to know you guys are out there!

My sincerest condolences to the others who's relatives' has recently departed, look after yourselves!
Big hugs to all of you,
Louise xx

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Louise

Welcome to Talking point.
Sorry that you are feeling down
Quote Louise
Are there any group for carers whom look after Alzheimers sufferers dealing with grief?
Have you contacted the Alzheimer's Society in Birmingham?
Phone No:0121 683 0808.
I hope they can advise
Norman

soozieann

Dec 7, 2005
Wallington
Hello all,

Chris I send my sincere condolences to you, I hope Wednesday goes as well as it possibly can do. I do hope your memories of your husband's passing will give you comfort in the future.

Oonagh, I pray your pain will soon be less. I am so glad the nursing was good for your mother, it might not have made a difference to her, but at least you didn't have a battle to ensure her care was good.

Louise, I am pleased to hear you are feeling a bit better. I am sure your nan is with you and showing signs- what a comfort. She must also be feeling happier that you are starting to heal a little. The time thing you mentioned is sort of familiar. When I'm busy or occupied I'm in 'real time', and then when I think of Mum at the end of her life, I feel like a time traveller and feel I should still be with her and sorting stuff out. Like Chris, I keep getting flash backs, and feel so sad that she had to go through all of this. I do feel her around sometimes, and now feel she is happy and at peace.

Wishing everyone who reads this well,

Love Soozieann

Louise Jones

Apr 11, 2006
Birmingham
4 years on...

Hi everyone!

Its been a long time since I've posted anything on this site. I'll never forget how supportive you guys were when I lost my grandmother. It was my grandmothers birthday yesterday..every year that goes by, her birthday and the anniversary of her death feels like I've only just lost her. I haven't had much luck since she's passed away but life is never easy for anyone, we just have to make the best of every situation. I don't want to make this into a depressing message because I've coped really well with the loss, and its helped me with my career as a funeral arranger. I sound like such a sad person don't I! LOL - I'm still a caring person, always will be. I just wanted to say thankyou for your support. Its been a long 4 years, and yes I still get angry over certain comments made by family members about my grandmother but I know I loved and cared for her to the best of my abilities and I have no regrets. I miss my grandmother so much, but I know she's with me all the time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew 132