Greetings from NZ

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
As I don’t post very often these days, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all TP members all my best wishes for the Christmas and New Year season.
I am as prepared as I can be for the events of the season, but again with a heavy heart. OH doesn’t know who I am now, apart from someone who comes in and gives him a kiss and a hug . The care home are lovely and his carers are too so I have no worries in that direction. They have erected heaps of decorations, mostly above head hight for safety, but they are having fun with the Christmas tree and it’s ever disappearing baubles!
I will be taking a short break at our holiday home, but will be coming back mid January to face one of the biggest challenges so far. It will be our Golden Wedding in January and I’m unsure how I’m going to cope. I was going to escape somewhere, but I couldn’t not be with him on what would have been a great celebration had he not had this horrible disease.
It’s late here now, so I’ll wish you all a good night and trot off to bed

B72

Jul 21, 2018
Wishing you all possible good for this season and 2019. It’s very hard for you. Thinking of you and your Golden Wedding in January. xx

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Best wishes for Christmas and the new year. I understand all too well the “heavy heart” feeling that this disease leaves us with. I hope you can find some joy in your Golden wedding.

sunlover

Dec 6, 2011
First of all Love NZ had four amazing holidays there and would continue going apart from this dreadful disease.
I know were you are coming from but he won’t know.You have got to think of your self,it’s hard.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Greetings to NZ where we married and lived for three years in the 60s. I’m sorry to say that a number of Johns family who remained in NZ developed Alzheimer’s and currently my SIL is in a care home in Paraparaumu with dementia.

Our golden anniversary would have been in 2015 but my husband was at his worst then so it passed unnoticed.

Good wishes

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
It's good to hear from you Di.
I can identify with how you are feeling regarding your golden wedding anniversary. Our 60th (diamond) anniversary was three weeks ago - OH in care home totally unaware. I visited him as usual and just allowed the day to pass unnoticed by anyone else as it seemed the best way for me to cope.

Sending good wishes and a wee hug xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s good to hear from you @di65

I`m sorry your husband won`t be able to celebrate your golden wedding with you but it will still be a treasured and significant day even if it`s not what you hoped for.