Greater Manchester international centre for dementia treatment

CynthsDaugh

May 5, 2015
Salford, Lancashire
Thanks for posting this Nitram!

Salford Royal is my local hospital (previously known as Hope Hospital). Will be very interesting to see how anything actually changes. I have only ever been impressed with this hospital, both the times I have had to go there and also for Mum. If they can influence the local services we get I think there will be an improvement. Will take some time though no doubt.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I used to work at the hospital school at Hope Hospital/Salford Royal. It was for long term sick children or even some who had never been home.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Was that when Salford Royal was in Chapel Street and Hope was were Salford Royal is now.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
OK, I've read the article twice and what does it actually mean? What exactly is going to change, be available, what's on offer?
We live about 3 miles from Salford Royal (previously called Hope hospital, generally know locally as abandon hope) and neither my mother nor my wife has had any involvement with them concerning their AZ.
Salford's main AZ centre is the Humphrey Booth centre in Swinton or Woodlands in Little Hulton both of which they have attended.
Does this mean SR is making a grab for AZ care just like they've closed down every other NHS site in Salford to create this giant.
I look forward to finding out what “It will support people to live, full, active and meaningful lives,” and “To do this we believe that we will need to change everything, from the transport systems, emergency services, shops and workplaces, and health and social care.”
actually translates into in our lives, I note they're going to "improving support after diagnosis", improving on nothing won't be difficult.
K

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Woodlands belongs to Greater Manchester Mental Health Trust and I don't think it has connections with Salford Hospital??

We will have to wait and see what this initiative will bring to the people of Salford. Its a very impressive name so we will see

xxTinaT