Great Wall of China Walk 2015

kgravil

Jan 16, 2015
Hello;

I have a quick question that I hope someone might be able to answer (I did search for this topic to see if it had been covered already and didn't find anything).

I saw that the Alzheimer's Society is organising a six-day trek along the Great Wall of China for 2015. I noticed that the target fundraising amount is around £3,100. Last year (2014) I raised around half this amount doing various events around the UK for the Alzheimer's Society. Would this count towards my £3,100 total or would I have to start afresh?

Thanks in advance,

Keir.

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
Hi

I would suspect that it would not count. It sounds harsh, but in my eyes, your fundraising buys your place.

I have a similar issue, I would love to take part in another challenge, but due to the fundraising I already do for the society I could never raise amount of money required.

I could be completely wrong though.

Have you contacted the fundraising team?

x

kgravil

Jan 16, 2015
Thank you for the response :)

I haven't contacted the fundraising team yet; I will do that! If starting afresh is the case I shall have to get a move on. It took me a fair while to get the £1,500 raised but getting it done by October isn't impossible :)

chickyem

Nov 27, 2014
I have signed up to do the trek in October and I would love to chat to people who are doing it too! Be cool to get to know a few peeps before hand and get fundraising ideas, see how everyone is doing :)