1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Great Wall of China Walk 2015

Discussion in 'Fundraising for Alzheimer's Society' started by kgravil, Jan 16, 2015.

1. kgravil

kgravil Registered User

Jan 16, 2015
    Hello;

I have a quick question that I hope someone might be able to answer (I did search for this topic to see if it had been covered already and didn't find anything).

I saw that the Alzheimer's Society is organising a six-day trek along the Great Wall of China for 2015. I noticed that the target fundraising amount is around £3,100. Last year (2014) I raised around half this amount doing various events around the UK for the Alzheimer's Society. Would this count towards my £3,100 total or would I have to start afresh?

Thanks in advance,

Keir.

2. Pollyanna

Pollyanna Registered User

Jul 8, 2008
    Hi

I would suspect that it would not count. It sounds harsh, but in my eyes, your fundraising buys your place.

I have a similar issue, I would love to take part in another challenge, but due to the fundraising I already do for the society I could never raise amount of money required.

I could be completely wrong though.

Have you contacted the fundraising team?

x

3. kgravil

kgravil Registered User

Jan 16, 2015
    Thank you for the response :)

I haven't contacted the fundraising team yet; I will do that! If starting afresh is the case I shall have to get a move on. It took me a fair while to get the £1,500 raised but getting it done by October isn't impossible :)

4. Tamtam89

Tamtam89 Registered User

Feb 8, 2015
    Oswestry, Shropshire
    I have registered today! To do the Great Wall of China trek! It is a lot of money to raise with only 8months to go but it will be worth it :)

5. chickyem

chickyem Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    I have signed up to do the trek in October and I would love to chat to people who are doing it too! Be cool to get to know a few peeps before hand and get fundraising ideas, see how everyone is doing :)