Great timing - mum not so good

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by piedwarbler, Jan 13, 2011.

1. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

Hi pied glad things are getting sorted, poor you
    I had my flu jab on monday and I have been fine
    I take betahistine for vertigo

been thinking of you and told the girls at out scrap and yap group about you and about TP too so more prayers will be winging their way to you!

Little pied is so sweet what happened about the tooth fairy>?

2. MissisT

MissisT Registered User

Dec 1, 2010
    Essex
    Now that last post has really made my day pied - result! (as my grandchildren say)

Teresa x

3. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    What a difference a day and a visit can make. So pleased. Just to tell you while I remember I saw a pied wagtail yesterday...any relation?:)

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Registered User

Jan 8, 2010
    Bristol
    Hi Pied...have just caught up with all your worries and am so pleased you were able to visit your mum and be there at the same time as the Dr. It is wonderful to be able to take some goodies in and see them enjoying them, my husband's has one locked drawer in his bedroom which is full of sweets and chocs, which we share when I go in.

Living with the thought that soneone else is resonsible for Trevor's well being is not easy at all and I know it is hard for you with your dear mum (my mum also had to go into care with dementia) and I feel like a clucky hen when I go in!

I do hope you can now concentrate on yourself and no more allowing this guilt monster to have his own way..send him away on holiday!! don't think he won't be back 'cos he will!!Meanwhile take care of yourself and your family, they sound lovely.

love
    Bronwen x

5. piedwarbler

piedwarbler Registered User

Aug 3, 2010
    Female
    South Ribble
    #45 piedwarbler, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
    Ahhh thank you, yes Little Pied is adorable (her favourite word). She looks after me best of all.

Little Pied found a note from the Tooth Fairy under my pillow this morning! And a £2 coin. The note said, "Enjoy some maltesers, The Tooth Fairy". I think Son had something to do with it. He was feeling guilty cos he kicked her last night when I was upset about Mum.

Sarah - what on earth is a scrap and yap group?? Sounds interesting!!

6. florence43

florence43 Registered User

Jul 1, 2009
    London
    Gosh! Pied! What a 24 hours you've had!

I'm so pleased the trip to see mum was so good. And the timing? Could you have done it better? It's always good to be there when the GP is, because only you know the real medical history and the real mum too, so that was a stroke of luck.

And it's lovely to hear the cake went down so well, (and so quickly!).

I hope that this has refilled your tank, and that you believe the lack of visits has not affected your mums health. Now, let's concentrate on you!

Isn't it funny how to consecutive days can be so different? Glad we leave it on a high note and that the latest day was the good one.

Lots of love,

7. Rachel T

Rachel T Registered User

Dec 9, 2010
    Northamptonshire
    Hi Pied, I have just read what's been happening to you and your family the last couple of days.

So sorry your mum was poorly, but great news that the doctor who come out gave her the full MOT. I think we quite often expect the worse now-a-days. I'm glad she enjoyed her cake. Seing loved ones enjoy their food always makes me feel good.

Your children sound delightful. You must be so proud to have such caring children.

Anyway you take care of yourself.

Love and hugs to you xxxxxxxxxxx

8. piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
    Female
    South Ribble
    Dear Annie, it reminded me of when you were down about your mum and then you had that special bittersweet visit with all your family last weekend. It had the same feel about it. I thought of you while I was feeding Mum (she just can't hold cake, without grabbing at it and squishing it everywhere).

Thank you Rachel, I appreciate your comments, especially after all you are going through yourself. I don't know why I get my knickers in such a twist but I do. Helen would say I am not meditating enough! :)

Pied x

9. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I had labrynthitis - is that the same as vertigo. It's an inner ear problem. I has stemitil and then buccastem. It is the most awful feeling. I would be fine then suddenly dizzy and didn't feel better until I was sick. Hope things improve pied. x

10. Helen33

Helen33 Registered User

Jul 20, 2008
    Dear Pied,

I have just read through the whole of this thread and all I can say is that I think you are truly amazing:) Good on yer:) From the outside looking in you should be well proud of yourself.

I had labrynthitis once and it was absolutely dreadful. Fortunately, it was only the once but I have a colleague who lives with it permanently:eek:

Love to you and yours Pied x

11. larivy

larivy Registered User

Apr 19, 2009
    essex
    hi Pied so pleased that the day went well with your mum and that the gp was so good it surprising how a few things going right can make such a difference glad your mum and friend enjoyed the cake love larivy

12. sallyc

sallyc Registered User

Aug 20, 2008
    suffolk
    Hi Pied

I've hardly been on TP at all the last few days. I've only just caught up with all this.

I'm so pleased to read that your Mum's a bit brighter.

And that Little pied is looking after you so well. Bless her! :)

PLease don't feel guilty about not being able to visit your Mum. You HAVE to look after yourself, just now.

Love to you all xx

13. Gwennie

Gwennie Registered User

Aug 15, 2010
    Cambridge
    Dear Piedwarbler
    Lots of positive vibes and hugs being sent your way.
    You have people looking in on your mum and carers that contact the GP/hospital if the situation changes. Get yourself well again so you can continue your wonderful care very soon.

Gwennie x

14. piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
    Female
    South Ribble
    Thank you muchly!

Dear Everyone

Thank you so much. Helen you would be right to remind me to meditate, I am going to try it now. Night night x

Tomorrow is another day x

(Larivy I am still thinking of you and your mum and sending vibes) :)

15. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Dear Pied

It sounds as if you had a very constructive day. Against all the odds, Well done.

Like Izzy I was prescribed Stemetil for Vertigo. I was told my Vertigo was possibly post viral. Perhaps your mother has been in contact with an infection.

16. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

Ta Da!!!

Wow the tooth fairy remembered to stop at your house last night and said you could spend the money on Maltesers so now you can eat them with a tooth fairy endorsement and not feel guilty!
    last time the toothfairy called for me I got 6d thats 2 and a half p She certainly moves with the times!
    Still I expect you could buy a small packet of maltesers for that in those days.
    Scrap and Yap is a papercraft group that my friend Susan and I run at the jesus centre once a month. WE teach scrapbooking and cardmaking this time we made a small book out of a single sheet of paper!
    Next month the theme is cupcakes!!! yum :D:):D
    I won scrapbooker of the year in 2007 in the altered art category in a national magazine
    I will try and find a few photos of my scrapbook pages to show you
    Today I am very tired. yesterday I made a powerpoint presentation for clive on church accounts I'd never done that before but I am glad I've had a go!
    Hope you have a good weekend
    Luv Sarah

17. grove

grove Registered User

Aug 24, 2010
    North Yorkshire
    Hello Pied , Hope your Flu jab arm is hurting less :) & you are having a good weekend, so pleased your Mum is a little better :)

Take Care & Best Wishes

Love Grove x x x

18. piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
    Female
    South Ribble
    Hi Sarah, hi grove,
    Your scrap & yap sounds great fun, I can make a book out of a sheet of A4, I used it with my classes quite a lot.
    I'd love to see your scrap book!
    Grove, my arms a tiny bit tender and I was shivery last night & achey, right as rain today. Thanks for asking. How's you?? Xxxx

19. Necion

Necion Registered User

Hi Pied, just catching up, glad things are going o.k. and your flu jab hasn't been too much of a problem. Good about seeing mums' doctor, hope this has put your mind at rest a bit.

Little Pied sounds....adorable, how old is she? I've missed that bit.
    Don't you just love the sibling squabbles, :eek: good they've made up anyway.

Take care all the Pied family,
    Love, Necion. x

20. Nanak

Nanak Registered User

Mar 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    Hi Pied
    Glad things are looking up for your Mum.
    (hug)
    Nanak
    missing what has gone and scared of what is to come