Great South Run

ralph

Jul 15, 2004
Great Yarmouth
Is anybody from the society doing the GSR at the weekend? This will be my first run and with it getting closer i'm feeling a bit dauted by the prospect of running 10 miles. Particularly as I haven't trained as much as I intended and have come down with a heavy cold.
Ralph

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Ralph,

Wishing you the very best of luck for the GSR at the weekend and do hope that your cold gets better beforehand.

Kindest regards,

Jude

C

Chesca

Dear Ralph

As someone who couldn't (not if they could help it, put it that way) run a tap, I write to extend my very good wishes and admiration.

I expect to see you breaking the finishing post ribbon alongside the other winners - as you ALL are, in my opinion. You'll be the one with the nice knees carrying the box of Kleenex?

Much good luck to you
Chesca

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Hi ralph, good luck with the run,try some honey lemon and cinnimon in hot water for cold a dsh of whisky in is even better.
Dont worry to much about run i did race for life in july and i had never run before in all of my 48yrs only for a bus and i managed to finish and raised 1,200 for cancer research.Just stay focused. storm

ralph

Jul 15, 2004
Great Yarmouth
Great South Run

Despite my worries I made it round the course. Thanks to all for the encouragement, especially those others running for the society who gave me a boost on the day. Usually as they were overtaking me. When I started I was thinking never again. By the time I crossed the finish line it had changed to I wonder when the next one is. Thanks for the sandwiches in the Society tent. I was starving.
Ralph