Great North Run

Leah

Oct 22, 2004
Northumberland
There is a fantastic letter in our local paper this week from Kevin Whately; mainly asking readers to use their confirmed place on the Great North Run to raise funds for the Society; but also giving an excellent insight into Alzheimer's and how it impacts upon the whole family.
(He played the part of the son caring for his father in the BBC play "Dad" with Richard briers and Jean Heywood)
My granddaughter is running that day September 18th. Any other Great North Runners out there ?

Dianne

Sep 5, 2005
Flintshire
Hi Leah

My husband and I are taking part in the great north run for the Alzheimer's Society in memory of my Dad. we are not runners so we're planning to 'power walk', as long as we raise money and awareness, that's the main thing.

Wish your granddaughter good luck from us
Dianne
x

jellybean27

Jul 4, 2006
Northants
hello!

Hi,
My sister and I are running the great north run for the society. Our gran is still in the early stages of dementia but its a challenge already and we wanted to do all we could to help the work of the society. You can see us here: http://www.justgiving.com/helenandkat
We've never done anything like this before and so we don't expect to be running very fast, but hopefully see you either before or after the race.
Good Luck!
Helen

Jo Morgan

Apr 24, 2006
London
Hi Helen,

Thank you for choosing to run in the Great North Run for the society. And well done on getting your justgiving.com page set up. I hope your trainiing is going as well as your fundraising! Please do let us know if there is anything we can do to be of assistance, and please notify us when you have finished fundraising on your justgiving.com page so that we can send you a thank you letter with this total and a certificate.

Good luck!

Best Wishes,

Jo (& The Events Team)