grateful for those looking out for children

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
I know many schools are still open to support children of key workers, so some staff are there each day helping those families

one head and teacher are preparing and delivering lunches to their students on free school meals no doubt there are many others quietly helping out too

Childline and other charities are speaking with children who feel vulnerable

and of course there are many parents and home carers looking after ill and disabled children

best wishes to the children

and to all those looking out for them

THANK YOU

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I have many friends who are teachers and other school workers. I think they are doing an amazing job in these difficult times.

know the children must be finding it strange and difficult. Thinking of them too.

I join you in giving thanks to all who work in schools and those who are proving education and care for vulnerable children

I

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Son is a head down South, two children attending each day, staff go in one day/wk, otherwise working online and by phone.
Current contingency planing is to carry on doing this all summer with school reopening in October.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
We’ve got between 4 & 10 children in each day. Staff in on a rota basis. I’m working Good Friday as we‘re open over the holidays. The rest of the time I’m working online & making welfare check phone calls to vulnerable students.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m keeping in touch with a lot of my former staff. We have hubs here for the children of key workers. My headteacher friends are some of those managing the hubs. Staff are in on a rota basis or working from home. My friend who is an education officer is overseeing the city’s provision for early years children. None of it easy.