Grants for Disability Equipment

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Just wanted to let others know that if a disabled person can no longer get into a bath and a hoist is not suitable, some councils have grants for wet rooms. Many people don't know.

What else can you get grants for?

We are also having cavity wall insulation.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
My mum got a grant to have a stairlift put not our house whie she was living with us. She gt something like 50p pension credit but it was enough for her to qualify for a full gant.

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
Isn't this the disabled facilities grant, if I remember rightly. Two things may be worth mentioning from my experience. One, that they can take a long while to come through. Also, in our borough, they won't provide a grant for a stairlift to someone with dementia, it would have to be a through-the-floor lift. Not that my Mum would ever have tried to get off it:rolleyes:

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Isn't this the disabled facilities grant, if I remember rightly. Two things may be worth mentioning from my experience. One, that they can take a long while to come through. Also, in our borough, they won't provide a grant for a stairlift to someone with dementia, it would have to be a through-the-floor lift. Not that my Mum would ever have tried to get off it:rolleyes:

I can see why they wouldn't. I have a stairlift thread running which was incredibly helpful but this person doesn't have dementia. I cheated and used the best brains on the net from this site to find out if she could get one or not. :)