Grandad's in hospital

Grandaughter 1

Jan 17, 2006
Hampshire
jenniferpa said:
Find out who his consultant is, then call and ask for an appointment (either in person or via phone). Both times I've done that, I've not spoken to the consultant, but the next day Mummy has been discharged! It may be a coincidence, but may be not: worth a try at any rate (anyway, I'd be interested in if this works for anyone else).

Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer - I'll let my Nan know what you suggested. Although I'm hoping that the SW will sort things out tomorrow as up until now she has been really good. She just chose the worst time to go on a blimin course!!!

Anothere reason for getting Grandad settled back in a home is because my Mum and Dad are going to take my Nan to Cornwall for a break in a couple of weeks and we want to make sure that Grandad is settled before they leave.

I must admit I am feeling a bit anxious about them being so far away and just hope the week they are away proves to be uneventful!

Louise x

Grandaughter 1

Jan 17, 2006
Hampshire
Update - Whatever the social work said to the hospital worked as Grandad had his scan which was all clear and he has been discharged back to the care home he was having respite with.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well I`m glad the scan was clear. Now it`s up to the care home. I hope your grandad doesn`t have any more falls. Love Sylvia x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lindsay A