Gran

kanjji

Dec 15, 2007
Glasgow
Hi everyone. My gran seems to be in a very similiar situation to the one I have read about on Alfjess' thread. She was admiited to hospital on 29th December and has rapidly deterioated.

I have just had a phone call to say that she is being taken to A+E with suspected pnuemonia. I can't help but feel that the end is nearing. In the past week she has had a urine infection and chest infection and she is very very distressed. The only way they can get fluids into her is by syringing liquid into her mouth.So different from when she was admitted.

Anyway I just had to get this all out as I am at home alone with my children so can't join the rest of my family at hospital.

Thanks for reading.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Kanjji,

I'm sorry to hear about your Gran. I know how frustrating it is when you can't be there, you know there's nothing you could do even if you were there, but you would just feel better.

Your Gran is in the best place and my thoughts are with you and your Gran.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Kanjji
I`m sorry to hear about your gran and sorry too that you are unable to be with her. It`s hard sitting at home waiting.
I hope she`s comfortable.
Take care xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear kanjji

So orry to hear about your gran, it must be so upsetting for you not to be able to be with her.

I hope you hear some news soon, I'll be thinking about you and your gran.

Love,

kanjji

Dec 15, 2007
Glasgow
Hi again. Just wanted to say thanks again for your support. I have just had a phone call to say my gran only has 24-48 hour left to live. The family have decided not to resucitate when the time comes. I feel so numb just now.

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear kanji,
I am so sorry to read about your Gran.
Perhaps someone could come and babysit whilst you go to the hospital.
My thoughts and prays are with you and your family at this difficult time.
Christine

Doreen99

Jan 12, 2008
Sheffield
Kanjji, I'm so sorry about your gran. I hope you will be able to be with her. I can't say anything to make you feel better, but my thoughts will be with you.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Kanjji

I'm glad your partner is going to come home so that you can go to the hospital to see your gran. It will be sad for you, but you will feel better being with your family.

My thoughts are with you.

Love,