1. kanjji

kanjji Registered User

Dec 15, 2007
    Glasgow
    Hi everyone. My gran seems to be in a very similiar situation to the one I have read about on Alfjess' thread. She was admiited to hospital on 29th December and has rapidly deterioated.

I have just had a phone call to say that she is being taken to A+E with suspected pnuemonia. I can't help but feel that the end is nearing. In the past week she has had a urine infection and chest infection and she is very very distressed. The only way they can get fluids into her is by syringing liquid into her mouth.So different from when she was admitted.

Anyway I just had to get this all out as I am at home alone with my children so can't join the rest of my family at hospital.

Thanks for reading.

2. sue38

sue38 Registered User

Mar 6, 2007
    Wigan, Lancs
    Hi Kanjji,

I'm sorry to hear about your Gran. I know how frustrating it is when you can't be there, you know there's nothing you could do even if you were there, but you would just feel better.

Your Gran is in the best place and my thoughts are with you and your Gran.

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Hello Kanjji
    I`m sorry to hear about your gran and sorry too that you are unable to be with her. It`s hard sitting at home waiting.
    I hope she`s comfortable.
    Take care xx

4. kanjji

kanjji Registered User

Dec 15, 2007
    Glasgow
    Thank you for your kind messages. It helps knowing there is always someone here who will understand.

5. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Dear kanjji

So orry to hear about your gran, it must be so upsetting for you not to be able to be with her.

I hope you hear some news soon, I'll be thinking about you and your gran.

Love,

6. kanjji

kanjji Registered User

Dec 15, 2007
    Glasgow
    Hi again. Just wanted to say thanks again for your support. I have just had a phone call to say my gran only has 24-48 hour left to live. The family have decided not to resucitate when the time comes. I feel so numb just now.

7. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear kanji,
    I am so sorry to read about your Gran.
    Perhaps someone could come and babysit whilst you go to the hospital.
    My thoughts and prays are with you and your family at this difficult time.
    Christine

8. kanjji

kanjji Registered User

Dec 15, 2007
    Glasgow
    Thanks for your message. My partner is at work but I phoned him and he will be home as soon as he can.

9. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I`m so sorry kanjji, there`s little else I can say.

Love xx

10. Doreen99

Doreen99 Registered User

Jan 12, 2008
    Sheffield
    Kanjji, I'm so sorry about your gran. I hope you will be able to be with her. I can't say anything to make you feel better, but my thoughts will be with you.

11. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Dear Kanjji

I'm glad your partner is going to come home so that you can go to the hospital to see your gran. It will be sad for you, but you will feel better being with your family.

My thoughts are with you.

Love,