Grace and Mary

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I've just finished reading 'Grace and Mary' by Melvin Bragg. It's an autobiographical novel based around him visiting his mother, Mary, who had dementia and who was in a care home towards the end of her life. The 'Grace' in the title refers to Mary's mother.....I won't say more as it would spoil the plot.

Anyway I found it an easy, honest and interesting read. Wonder if anyone else here has read it?

Lindy x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I haven't but I like Melvyn Bragg Lindy and even though I avoid `dementia` stories because they are too close to home, I`ll see if it`s available on Kindle.

Yes its on Kindle and looks good . I've bought it. :)

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I haven't but I like Melvyn Bragg Lindy and even though I avoid `dementia` stories because they are too close to home, I`ll see if it`s available on Kindle.

Yes its on Kindle and looks good . I've bought it. :)
I hope you enjoy it Sylvia :) It was recommended on the FutureLearn course I just did - it’s kind of based around dementia but there are other aspects I found equally interesting x

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I've just finished reading 'Grace and Mary' by Melvin Bragg. It's an autobiographical novel based around him visiting his mother, Mary, who had dementia and who was in a care home towards the end of her life. The 'Grace' in the title refers to Mary's mother.....I won't say more as it would spoil the plot.

Anyway I found it an easy, honest and interesting read. Wonder if anyone else here has read it?

Lindy x
I haven't but I will. I like his work. I am struggling with reading at the moment, we were in two bookclubs at one time. The building work is nearly finished through, so hope to get life on track. I had heard myself say that before. I will look it up now, Thank you.