GPS

OntheRange

Jan 8, 2021
Hi
My dad lives alone in York and has dementia. He recently had a fall and broke his elbow. It has been a big set back for him. He has been told to stay at home whilst he recovers but he keeps going out.

Could anyone recommend at GPS tracker that I could attach to his key ring? thank you

Richard

silkiest

Feb 9, 2017
We have a "One Touch" personal alarm for MIL with dementia and 89 year old dad who falls. You can set a radius around the home to be alerted when they cross that. MIL radius is very small so we get alerted almost as soon as she is out of the house. Dads radius is very large as he is well known within his village and locals keep an eye out for him, we only need it for him to register a fall and for him to press the button to talk to either myself or brother if he needs help ( MIL is incapable of using this function). The app will give us a location on request and you can check back on previous locations so you can see what direction they are going in. We get these for a small add on fee to the monthly charges for their care phones from the local council. It may be useful to get a care phone as there are all sorts of technology that can be supplied with them as dementia deteriorates. I found out what technology is available on the local councils website beforehand. When MIL was a lot better with her dementia we had an alarm and recorded message on the care phone to remind her to take her medication, now she is worse we have a door alarm to notify us if she goes out during the night. The carephone system locally is really flexible and hopefully it will be in your dads area too.

Annafreckles

May 14, 2022
Did you find a good gps keyring? I also need one for my dad he got found by the police the other night and his GPS we have now is no longer working we need a more accurate one. I've just called trackershop and they have a brilliant one especially for dementia and alzeimers keyring tracker £58 in sale but out of stock and can't get it back in stock! Looked perfect too I'm disappointed! Thankyou