GPS watches

MrBen

Jul 23, 2019
Hi all,

Im looking for a GPS watch for my dad with the following criteria.

GPS tracking
Two way call features
Zone boundary alerts
Panic button
Nice design watch thats not large (otherwise he wont use it)
Be able to use our own SIM card, rather than signing up to a monthly subscription

Does anyone have any experience with anything like this or similar?

Thanks in advanced

Ben

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @MrBen

Im not sure that what you want actually exists, Im afraid. I hope that some members who have found a solution to this common problem of them walking out of the house and getting lost will reply, but in the meantime, if you put "GPS tracker" into the search forums you get a list of posts which show things previously posted that might be helpful
https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/search/29998841/?q=GPS+tracker&o=date

I must say, though that often there is no technological answer to this problem

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
Hi all,

Im looking for a GPS watch for my dad with the following criteria.

GPS tracking
Two way call features
Zone boundary alerts
Panic button
Nice design watch thats not large (otherwise he wont use it)
Be able to use our own SIM card, rather than signing up to a monthly subscription

Does anyone have any experience with anything like this or similar?

Thanks in advanced

Ben

Hi Ben

My wife has a "GPS watch" (actually uses GPS and Mobile Phone GPRS) which meets some, but not all of your criteria, i.e. its quite chunky and is operated via a central alarm centre (you can't monitor whereabouts yourself), but it does everything else you list

We were fortunate to get it provided (FOC - not means tested) by our local authority, though this was via a Care Navigator organisation, who work with the LA. (I believe it is quite expensive if you have to rent of buy yourself?)

I got ticked off the last time I mentioned the name of the product and who supplied it (I didn't realise at the time that it went against the forum rules), so you'll have to PM me if you did want more information.

Hope this helps
Phil

Sub5mango

Oct 13, 2019
Hi Ben

My wife has a "GPS watch" (actually uses GPS and Mobile Phone GPRS) which meets some, but not all of your criteria, i.e. its quite chunky and is operated via a central alarm centre (you can't monitor whereabouts yourself), but it does everything else you list

We were fortunate to get it provided (FOC - not means tested) by our local authority, though this was via a Care Navigator organisation, who work with the LA. (I believe it is quite expensive if you have to rent of buy yourself?)

I got ticked off the last time I mentioned the name of the product and who supplied it (I didn't realise at the time that it went against the forum rules), so you'll have to PM me if you did want more information.

Hope this helps
Phil

Hi Ben

Hope this helps
Phil

Hi Phil, I would like to know the make of the watch but can't workout how to PM you!

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Sub5mango welcome to Dementia Talking Point

Hopefully you’ll find the forum useful. You won’t be able to send a private message until you’ve posted 10 times but hopefully @Philbo will be back soon and answer your question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NorfolkRambler