GPS trackers

DorsetOT

Jul 27, 2017
Looking at GPS tracking for a gentleman with a young onset dementia. He is happy to be tracked but when he is not happy with his carer tends to switch his phone off so they can’t contact him. Have been looking at the BUDDI clip and CPR guardian and would welcome advice from anyone who has used these or any other system. Thanks.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi there! I just noticed your post.

I’m afraid I have no experience of trackers myself but I’m sure there will be others on the forum who do. In the meantime perhaps this thread would be of some interest -

Lilstar

Aug 11, 2019
Looking at GPS tracking for a gentleman with a young onset dementia. He is happy to be tracked but when he is not happy with his carer tends to switch his phone off so they can’t contact him. Have been looking at the BUDDI clip and CPR guardian and would welcome advice from anyone who has used these or any other system. Thanks.
Hi ,
My oh has young onset and I have also been looking at trackers just as a safety net , so far I think for my oh it would be the cpr guardian watch , looks good and has multiple functions on it . My oh still works and lives quite a normal life except for outbursts of verbal abuse.

Lilstar

Aug 11, 2019
Thanks I’ll look into that , do you know if you have to pay a contract for sim or services?

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
Hi my dad used trackers but he always left them on the table or they never picked up the correct location maybe a street away
I got them from a website unforgettable which speecilsed in dementia products i also was going to get a doro mobile phone which had a built in tracker ( as he used a mobile at the time ) glad I didn’t bother as he no longer uses a mobile or /-doesnt hear it or turns it off .you can get trackers to put in shoes too indeed would be pointless for my dad as he has about 50 pairs ?

Valpiana

Sep 16, 2019
I just bought a Spytrack nano for my PWD ,it is fantastic but only has a tracking function with a button function he can press if he's in trouble. So may not be sufficient for your needs.I can track him via a very accurate app on my phone. Of course I have to make sure he is wearing it,best way I have found is under clothes in a money pouch.

verjoe

May 7, 2013
Kennington SE11
I just bought a Spytrack nano for my PWD ,it is fantastic but only has a tracking function with a button function he can press if he's in trouble. So may not be sufficient for your needs.I can track him via a very accurate app on my phone. Of course I have to make sure he is wearing it,best way I have found is under clothes in a money pouch.
Where did you buy it from please?
Thanks.

Valpiana

Sep 16, 2019
Hi,I got it online from rewiresecurity.co.uk
I am very pleased with it. To set up geofenceing you will need a laptop/computer as you can't do that through the app. Also keep an eye on the battery level as I do need to recharge it once a week and we don't use it every day. I paid initially for the gadget (£49.99 ) plus 1 month of use (£10.00). I have now renewed for 6 months for £45.00 so it's cheaper than the phone I was using for my PWD.