• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

GPS trackers

DorsetOT

Jul 27, 2017
Looking at GPS tracking for a gentleman with a young onset dementia. He is happy to be tracked but when he is not happy with his carer tends to switch his phone off so they can’t contact him. Have been looking at the BUDDI clip and CPR guardian and would welcome advice from anyone who has used these or any other system. Thanks.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi there! I just noticed your post.

I’m afraid I have no experience of trackers myself but I’m sure there will be others on the forum who do. In the meantime perhaps this thread would be of some interest -

Lilstar

Aug 11, 2019
Looking at GPS tracking for a gentleman with a young onset dementia. He is happy to be tracked but when he is not happy with his carer tends to switch his phone off so they can’t contact him. Have been looking at the BUDDI clip and CPR guardian and would welcome advice from anyone who has used these or any other system. Thanks.
Hi ,
My oh has young onset and I have also been looking at trackers just as a safety net , so far I think for my oh it would be the cpr guardian watch , looks good and has multiple functions on it . My oh still works and lives quite a normal life except for outbursts of verbal abuse.